Saturday, July 19, 2008

Oh, what a week it has been!

This week's blogging hasn't been interesting at all...not too much to report. I'm happy to see this week come to an end, as we had several unexpected things (but nothing major - thank goodness) happen!

On Monday, the doctor discovered traces of protein in my urine. I went back Friday and they remeasured. Sure enough, there are traces, so I will go back Monday for another check and see what she wants us to do. We've hit the 36 week mark, so we're very grateful about that!

When I got home from the doctor on Monday, the washing machine was making a high, squealing sound and had a burning smell to it. Tuesday, the repair man informed us that it would be cheaper to buy a new one. Wednesday, Jon hit the streets to buy a new one. He was back within an hour and a half with a new one. (For those that know Jon - this is a record! I had imagined hour after hour of searching. We did that for our first Christmas tree and I nearly had to vow that I would never Christmas tree shop with him again). He brought it home, set it up, left for something and then I could hear this awful sound coming from the basement. I went down to find that it had shifted 90 degrees and was shaking vigorously. Oh no! The repairman came back on Friday and discovered that we had simply forgotten to remove the "discard this" label from the back that was attached to a small, metal pin. Thankfully, we have a fully functioning washing machine and the trips to the laundromat are a distant memory.

We also got notice that our landlord was raising our rent - again! And then I got stung by a bee on my toe, which really made me waddle for a day! We did get the rest of the bedrooms rearranged. We are getting bigger and our apartment is not! But, considering we'll have 8 people living in a 3-bedroom apartment, it's not that bad. I just have to be careful to not whack my head on the filing cabinet when I get out of bed.

Anyway, it really wasn't that bad of a week! It's nice to see week's like this come to an end. Like in all weeks, we've been extremely blessed with more than we deserve! We hope you're all keeping cool!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, your week sounds like one of ours! I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy. I know it's a relief to get to that 36 week mark. Keep us posting. We miss everyone in Columbus!

pamela said...

oh wow jeanette! i hate washing machine woes! i'm glad yours is worked out.

Carrie said...

Hope everything goes well today at your appointment. I am glad you hit the 36 week mark and no more trips to the laundromat. Too bad we are so far away now, you could have come to my place to do laundry! ;)

Em said...

Oh boy! Those weeks are always nice to have over with!

rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.