Thursday, June 19, 2008

Piano Recital


Emily and Lindsey had a piano recital tonight and they did GREAT! They have both been practicing a lot and sat right down and played perfectly. Lindsey played "Saturday" and "A Child's Prayer" and Emily played "Latter-day Prophets." I don't know if any other parents are like me, but I'd actually sort of like to burn the music and be done with it forever. No, all kidding aside, they were great and we are so proud of them! Their piano teacher, Andrea Jeppesen, is absolutely amazing - so patient and so sweet with them.

Lindsey at the piano and Emily's thrilled look after finishing (I had a matching look!)
Kate and Becky (two very devoted fans)

8 comments:

Stan and Pat said...

At least you don't have "Federation" yet. They look so cute and grown-up. How exciting to have them playing the piano - easy for me to say. Also, Becky sure looks like she could be Kate's mom - amazing!

The Lilly's said...

That's great that they're taking lessons, and nice for them that they have a talented mom who can help them when they get stuck. If the day comes that they want to quit, have them call Steph. I knew when I let her quit that she'd regret it one day, which she does! Love the new picture of the kids in their July 4th attire!

Britain said...

Hooray girls!! I start piano lessons again next week. Can you believe this old lady trying to learn the piano?

Kirsten said...

The girls BOTH did such a good job and sounded great! It was fun to be there hearing all those little performances from everyone...and you are right. If I never hear "Old McDonald Had a Song" again...I would be a happy woman! ;-) Just kidding!

sixmoores said...

Too fun. I am so glad Becky is there to enjoy it all with you.

ash said...

We love the Bowens! I'm sure the recital was splendid, as shown by the beaming faces. It would be fun to have a little family recital someday...

Em said...

Oh, the days of piano. They are so cute.

Debbie said...

Oh how cute!!! I wish we could be there to experience all these fun times of our children getting older.