Sunday, June 1, 2008

Smothered in Sunscreen



I've never known a kid so excited about summer and swimming at the pool! Kate has been asking every day for several months if we can go swimming today. She loves putting on her swimming suit and this week, felt like she should put the sunscreen on too. We were on our way home from somewhere and she wanted to hold a little bottle of sunscreen that was in the van. I told her she could, but that she couldn't open the lid. (How many years have I been a parent? How many 2 year olds have I had?) You would think I would be much, much smarter than that and sure enough when I opened the van door to get her out, this is what I saw. It's good to have 4 year olds around though because Jack's comment was "Mom, you shouldn't have let her hold it." Oh, so true!

7 comments:

sixmoores said...

That sounds exactly like my little Grace.

Ann said...

Hey! I don't know how I found your blog, but I'm so excited I did! Your family is so cute and it's so fun to read about some of your everyday goings on! Congrats on the almost new addition to your family. Five kids is so amazing...I can't even imagine! You are obviously just totally incredible! I am having a hard time talking Ry into a 3rd!

Did I read that you are the RS pres in your ward? Because if you are, we need to share ideas because I am too!

I'm just so excited that I found your blog! Keep in touch!

Love, Ann

The Lilly's said...

Good thing she's such a cute little girl. Must be hard to get very mad at that face!

Kirsten said...

Hmmm...maybe she was thinking that is was the sun TAN lotion instead!! ;-) She is such a cutie and always has the sweetest smile on her face amidst the michief! I think it is so cute how excited they get for the pool in the summer!! We love you Kate!

Britain said...

Jack is so wise. That is so cute.

Em said...

She is so funny! Jack, love that comment. What can you say to that? Hope you and Becky are enjoying lots of fun sister time. How much longer before you are on bedrest? Too soon, I'm sure.

pamela said...

unfortunately, we usually have to learn lessons a few times before they stick.