Thursday, May 29, 2008

All ready for 1st grade


Lindsey described today (as of 10:45 this morning) as "the best day of my life." The reason being...getting to practice eating school lunch like a 1st grader. All the Kindergarteners got to either bring a lunch or practice buying it. Lindsey chose to buy and loved the pizza, french fries and chocolate milk. It was cute to see her so excited about getting bigger and more grown up. She's definitely ready to be at school all day, so it will be fun to get her the rest of the way ready.

On another note...I had a doctor's appointment this week and things are going really great! We're getting really excited - just working on choosing a name!

7 comments:

Britain said...

What a cute idea. Ryan asks me if he can eat lunch there all the time. I finally took him to school early so he could eat breakfast in the cafeteria. He was in heaven.

pamela said...

jeanette, i've been harrassing EVERYONE i know (in the family and out ) to name a girl maude may - after beulah's sister that died at age two. so far i've convinced no one - can i convince you???

Kirsten said...

She looks so cute an grown up! I love her hair and her big, happy smile. Ethan gets to practice next week and I am afraid he may try and convince me that everyday is pizza day after that! ;-) I bet Lindsey was in heaven with the chocolate milk too!

Jessika said...

Yea! That's so fun for cute little Lindsey! I'm so excited for her!
I'm glad everything is going well with your pregnancy as well.

The Lilly's said...

She was just a baby when you guys left here, she can't possibly be a first grader!

Corinne said...

I've loved school lunch in Elementary school too. Of course, that was a hundred years ago when it was $1.00 a week. I hated Fridays because they always had chili. We never got fries, pizza, or chocolate milk. On a good day it was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, applesauce, carrots and one cookie. How nice things have improved!!!!

Em said...

Sad to see them growing up so fast! She is so cute.