Friday, May 9, 2008

Hat's Off to Mom

Today in Emily's 2nd grade class, they had "Hat's Off to Mom." The moms were invited to come and we were treated to some poems, reader's theater, lemonade and cookies. It was really fun to see all the cute kids and see Emily perform. She has had a great year of 2nd grade and her teacher, Mrs. Kuhman, has been absolutely wonderful.

She gave me the following poem:

Mom

Kind
Alert
Happy

Who Loves her family

Dreams of her children being safe

Likes to sew

Is proud of her husband

Who plans to be a grandma

Love, Emily

(I especially love that she views me as "alert" and that I plan on being a grandma). Thank you Emily for the super, fun day at your class. I'm sure proud of you!

Emily performing as "The Little Red Hen"




Emily & her proud (with lots of rolls) mom!

6 comments:

Corinne said...

Sweet, sweet poem. It reminds me of the one you wrote to me when you were about Emilys age. It went:
Mom
Works - plays
Pretty and cute
Mom

Britain said...

Emily I love your poem. Jeannette, you have a sweet little girl. Happy Mother's Day!

Debbie said...

You look great, as always. Emily is just beautiful! Happy Mother's Day Jeanette, to one of my dearest friends and one of the best mom's on the world. I miss you!

sixmoores said...

Love the poem, too sweet. I really like the poem you wrote too.

lisa h. said...

cute picture together!

Em said...

That is really cute! I'm happy to see a picture of you too. You look great.