Saturday, May 24, 2008

The arrival of Aunt Becky & Grandma

We are happy to report that my sister and mom arrived to Columbus safely yesterday afternoon - 1725 miles later!!! They came so that Becky can stay the summer with us to help while I'm on bedrest (starting in 2 weeks). They drove in Becky's car and made it in great time, despite a day full of rain. My mom will be here until Tuesday and then come back in August. They are so wonderful - talk about service for family members! The kids are so happy and excited to have all the extra attention and love. Thank you so much mom and Becky!

8 comments:

AnnDee said...

so fun to have family that love you!! 2 weeks till bed rest -- do you have all your projects lined up? :) good luck.

Heather said...

I'm so relieved that they can be there to help. Hope the bedrest flies by!

lisa h. said...

i didn't know you had to be on bedrest? is everything okay?

Debbie said...

Oh I forgot you have to go on bedrest!!! But how blessed you are to have family come and help you out!!!!! How many weeks to go?

Britain said...

Bedrest? Yuck! How long? You need one of those little wigets of the baby showing how many days till your due date on your blog. Good luck with that bedrest thing.

Bowen Family said...

Thank you so much everyone! Yes, I have to go on bedrest just like I did with Kate. The reason is because Jack was born so early and they don't really know why things went so wrong so fast with him. I think bedrest is the only thing they can think of for me to do. I have several projects ready to go, so that will be a little bit fun. I go down at 30 weeks and then the doctor usually induces at about 38 weeks.

sixmoores said...

I am so excited for you and Becky to have this time together. Bed rest isn't great but the time together will be. Tell her hi for us.

Em said...

I can't believe you are going to already be 30 weeks. It is coming so quick! Enjoy your time with Becky. Looking forward to hearing how the projects go.