Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

We had a great weekend and fun start to the summer! With my mom and Becky here, there was a lot of fun attention for the kids and the weather ended up being perfect! We had a ward BBQ in the morning which is always a highlight for the Riverside Ward. Jon worked the night shift and then went straight to the flag football game before the picnic, so he had fun. The kids loved the relay race and scavenger hunt for the Primary kids and I loved sitting and visiting with peope. Later that night, we had a few friends over for another BBQ and had a great time there too!

We finished the weekend by going to a couple of quilt stores and lunch - just me, Becky and my mom. It was great! We had to take my mom to the airport today and we're sad to see her leave, but are so, so grateful for all that she does. I feel like she comes and helps me clean up my messes (usually unfinished quilting projects!). Thanks mom!

Kate and Grandma playing with PlayDoh

Kate with Froyline Becky - the best governess ever!

Lindsey

Jack

Emily, Ethan Rasmussen & Kate

5 comments:

The Lilly's said...

Don't you just hate it when Mom/Grandma has to leave? There's something so comfortig about having your mother around. Good luck with bedrest. How nice your sister is there to help.

Debbie said...

Oh I miss those Memorial Day picnics with the Riverside Ward!!! :(

Candy said...

yay!

A picture with Jack smiling! I knew he had it in him.

sixmoores said...

So cute to see your family there and I love Becky's hair, great color!

Kirsten said...

It was so fun to have your Mom and Becky here. I think your family is wonderful!! I am excited that Becky is here for the summer and can't wait to see your mom again. Thanks for a fun weekend and I am so glad the rain held off so we could all get together!! I don't know what we would do without you. You guys are incredible and you better be around for the Fourth of July!! I don't know how else the Rasmussens would celebrate it! ;-)