Friday, November 28, 2008

Grandpa in the movies?

My dad is a well-rounded guy, who is talented in more ways than can be counted. My kids are realizing this more and more. The other day, I checked out the old Disney movie "Babes in Toyland" from the library. Jack was looking at the back cover and saw a picture of the Toymaker, played by Ed Wynn. (He's also the actor in Mary Poppins - the uncle that floats to the ceiling by laughing). He pointed to him and asked me "Why is Grandpa in this movie?" I laughed and laughed.

My dad is a great actor (he's actually once starred in a commercial for the Salt Lake Buzz - the baseball team)! But, I must say, he is much more handsome then Ed Wynn! I tried to find the same picture of Ed Wynn that was on the back cover of the movie, but I couldn't. But, here is a picture I found.....Does anyone else see the resemblance?

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Great family picture I need to do that too! That is so funny about your dad too! Thanks for a great laugh!

sixmoores said...

I wish you could post that commercial of your dad...I love that.

megadog said...

That is hillarious. I can see a resemblance in the facial expression-that is funny. I love the way kids see the world.

Kirsten said...

Ok, so your dad is soooo much better looking than this guy BUT I do have to say that the actual picture that Jack saw on the movie case did look VERY much like him at first glance. I think that is awesome and gave me a good laugh too!!

P.S. Ammon is still giving me a hard time that he watched the whole thing of Babes in Toyland!! ;-)

pamela said...

i LOVE that movie, but haven't seen it in years.

one day your dad sat down at the piano and played beautifully - and i never even knew he played.

Carrie said...

Ha ha ha! That is too funny. Dylan did that too when we showed him Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - the old one. He said that about Grandpa Joe.

Love the family picture. Very beautiful. I miss everything to do with Ohio so much - including your cute family!!!!!!!!

Noakes said...

Very cute and I LOVE the family picture.