Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Proud Daughter

I feel a little guilty blogging right now because I'm in Utah with Hannah and Kate and my other kids are being watched by Kirsten and Jon. They are doing all the hard work while I'm being spoiled by my family!
I am in Utah because my dad received a Distinguished Service Award from the Federal Bar Association and so I came to see him receive that award. We flew out yesterday morning, bright and early and then we'll just be here a couple of days. The girls were great on the flight. Hannah didn't make a peep and Kate happily sat in her seat and watched Dora and did stickers. Wow!

The award dinner was last night and it was wonderful! My cousin Meg watched Kate (Thank you again Meg!) and then the rest of us went to Little America for the evening. All of my siblings were there except my brother Richard (We missed you Rich!). They had dinner and then gave the awards. Two attorneys and two judges were honored. My dad's boss & long time friend introduced him and did such a great job. No amount of praise is ever suffficient in talking about my dad. He is a man of honor, wisdom, humor and humility. Then my dad spoke for a few minutes and did a great job. He had everyone laughing! I felt so honored and proud to be there to celebrate this with him. I have to be the proudest daughter in the world!

(Thank you so much to Kirsten and Jon for making it possible for me to come. Having responsibility for three extra kids is not easy thing to do! I appreciate it SO, SO much!).

Me, my dad, Hannah & Becky


My wonderful parents


My brother Mike, with his cute wife Candy


My dad accepting his award

10 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

How neat that you were able to be with him for that! I bet that meant a lot to him.

megadog said...

Good work Geeb. He is a great, great man and we think the world of him too. Glad you got to come!

Anonymous said...

thats so fun. i am glad you got to be there. its so important to be with family! those moments mean so much, especially because you just never know what life holds. cherish those moments. love ya kiddo

Becky Sorenson said...

You are the 2nd proudest daughter in the world - don't confuse yourself Jace!! ha ha...I love you and love being with you again!

Kirsten said...

Congrats to your wonderful dad!! I miss you girlie...I haven't seen you hardly at all lately!! I am so glad that you are able to be out there and getting time with your cute sis and mom. Your kids are so well behaved and wonderful and I am treasuring this!! Thank you!! See you tomorrow!!

Camille said...

I love Uncle Steve. He's my favorite. He did a great job marrying me also.

sixmoores said...

How fun to be there at such a neat event! I am so happy you made it.

Debbie said...

That's awesome! How neat to be there! I miss you!!!

Britain said...

What a special trip to get to take. I am glad you got to go. Kuddos to Kirsten and Jon.

Candy said...

Mike and I are so stoked that we in fact made the blog twice. You are a delight. It was so much fun to hang out with you at the ice show. All my love to the little birdies.....especially little Hannah.