Monday, November 17, 2008

Quick trip to Utah

Kate, Hannah and I had a great trip to Utah last week. We went to see my dad receive his award (see previous post) and it was such a treat to be there. We got up really early on Wednesday morning and flew out (this was all thank you to Kirsten for taking Emily, Lindsey & Jack the night before and for Beth and Kyle getting up at the crack of dawn to drive us to the airport). Kate and Hannah were perfect on the flights! We got to Salt Lake by 11:00 in the morning and enjoyed that day at my parent's house. That night was the award ceremony for my dad.

On Thursday, we went and visited my aunt and Grandma. It was fun to see them again and visit with them. Then, we treated ourselves to a trip to the quilt store (always a Utah favorite!). Since I only have 18 unfinished projects in my quilting closet, I thought it was necessary to add 3, no 4 more to the stash. (Hey - it keeps me sane - well, sort of). I made my mom drive through Crown Burger for lunch and then it was naptime! (Kate had been up since 4:15 in the morning for the second morning in a row). Then we went and visited my dad and friend Emily at work. Kate brought my dad a pack of Smarties ("Parties" as she calls them) and they ate them together.

On Friday, we visited my brother Peter at work and then headed to another quilt store (yeah!). Then, that afternoon, my mom, my dad, Kate, Hannah, Candy (my sister in-law) and I went to the Disney on Ice show. My cousin's husband got us tickets (Thank you so much Paul!!!) and so we went. I love these ice shows and it was wonderful. Kate was thrilled to be sitting there and when my mom asked her who her favorite was (meaning what princess was her favorite), Kate pointed to my dad. It was a great show! Then we all went to Sizzler for dinner. We then had to get up super early again on Saturday morning to catch our 6:30 a.m. flight. Once again, the girls were great! I was worried because Hannah got my cold while we were there, so I worried that her ears would hurt, but she was great and Kate was great too!

What a treat to be at home with my family for a couple of days! Thank you mom and dad for letting me come! Thank you Becky, Peter, Michael & Candy for spoiling the kids! Thank you Jon and Kirsten for taking such great care of the older kids so that I didn't have to worry about them at all! (I think they're all a little sad that mom is home and all the fun is over!).


My grandma, Kate, me, Hannah & Aunt Camille
Kate waiting for Disney on Ice (she looks so grown up!)

The best sports - my mom, dad, Kate and Candy

6 comments:

Em said...

It was so fun seeing you. I'm glad the flight home went as well as the flight here. Thanks for making my day at work so pleasant. I'll win Kate over next time you guys are here. Your dad is great. He deserves it for sure. I'm glad the good guys get recognized once in a while.

Kelsi said...

That was nice you were able to come to Utah. Your little baby was so cute when I came over. I wish I could have seen Kate but maybe next time you are here. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Ryan Cowley said...

Hey! If you went to the Friday 4:00 show, you were there at the same time as my sister and her family. Not that you know her or that she knows you but still kinda funny!

Debbie said...

How fun! You are so blessed! Hannah is getting so big! And Kate, where did the baby in her go to? Miss ya!

Becca said...

I just wanted to tell you I think you are amazing!! Did you survive with all the kids last week?? You've been in my prayers!

angie said...

Bailey was just asking me the other day when we get to go to Disney on Ice. Sounds like fun. Your family is adorable!