Monday, March 16, 2009

Five for Five

I'm sorry for the lack of posts - our internet connection hasn't been very good (the cable guy is coming tomorrow). Hopefully we'll be back up soon and ready to down load some pictures...



But, another reason for lack of posts is having 5 out of 5 kids sick! Hannah started it all with an ear infection. That same night, Kate woke up with croup. We were able to find out which pharmacy is a 24 hour one and wrestled enough steriod medication into Kate to feel good about putting her back to bed. Then Emily came down with strep and that same night, Jack woke up with croup. We were excited to still have some steroid medication, until Jack threw it up, so Jon headed back to the pharmacy (again at 1:00 in the morning) and begged them to flavor it bubble gum. Thankfully, that went down much easier. Just when we thought we were done...a call from the school nurse today....Lindsey - likely with strep.



I'm grateful for antibiotics! I'm grateul for steroids! I'm grateful for a husband who is a doctor! I'm grateful I don't have 10 kids!! I'm grateful for chocolate & diet coke - my medication!!

7 comments:

CamilleJohnFam said...

May everyone get better soon!

Becca said...

Oh I'm sorry! It's so miserable to have everyone sick! We'll be praying for you guys!

Becky Sorenson said...

Get everyone well before I come!

Lonica said...

Oh! That's definitely no fun. I hope everyone feels better soon!

Ryan Cowley said...

You poor thing! We've only got four out of five (all with croup) and even that is miserable. I agree that meds are great!! I am just praying that Sarah stays healthy! Good luck to you!

emilyf said...

Oh, you make me laugh Jeannette! Oof. Sounds so rough! But imagine the calm after this passes...fingers crossed!

Debbie said...

ahhh diet coke and chocolate (my only vice)...when can I come over? Oh after the kids are healthy :) We just went through the pukies in my house... PS I miss your pantry :)ding dongs and cookies and diet coke yummmy