Friday, March 6, 2009

Ice Skating lessons

Emily and Lindsey just finished two sessions of ice skating lessons. They had a really great time and it was fun to see them improve each week. Columbus has a professional hockey team, the Columbus Blue Jackets, so they have some fun ice skating rinks around here. I took them to "The Chiller" each Wednesday night for their 45 minute lesson. They would wear jackets, gloves & helmets and go right out on the ice. Jack, Kate, Hannah and I would watch.

They had several falls and sore bottoms, but they were always so happy when they finished and it was great to see them develop the skill of balancing. Great job girls!!

4 comments:

CamilleJohnFam said...

That's so fun! What a great thing to learn!

Debbie said...

how fun!!! when are you moving to utah?

The Lilly's said...

I always dreamed of taking ice skating lessons when I was little, how exciting for them!

It was so crazy tonight...we were at the West state championship basketball game (way to go Panthers!), and Steve said, "Too bad Jeannette's not in town, I bet she'd be here." I swear to you, seconds later I looked down the aisle of the row in front of us, and there was your mom and dad. How cool is that?!

One of Steve's fellow coaches at Kearns just got the head football job at West and wants Steve to come with him. He's tempted but hasn't decided yet....

Bowen Family said...

Debbie - we'll be moving at the end of June, probably arriving in the Valley at the beginning of July. Any trips to Utah planned?

Lana - that is so funny! My mom mentioned that she saw you and Steve (and Alex and Stephenie). Way to go West High Panthers!!!! I personally think that Steve should take the West High job! Tell him congratulations on even just the offer!