Sunday, March 1, 2009

Disney on Ice - Disneyland Adventure

We have an annual tradition of going to Disney on Ice when it comes to Columbus each winter. It's something to look forward to and a fun way to spend time together as a family. Jon and Jack are always good sports and come along. I always put a group sales together, so we get to go with fun friends from our ward. This year, the theme was "Disneyland Adventures" and it was really cute.

It's always guaranteed to be a cold winter day...and there's always guaranteed to be a child sad that we're not willing to pay $8 for popcorn. It was cold and this year, that child was Lindsey. There are also friendly vendors outside of the arena trying to sell light-up toys and cotton candy. When we were rookies (our first year here), we bought the cotton candy for $1. It tasted like cigarette smoke! No joke! This year, Beth bought the $1 cotton candy and even though it didn't taste or smell like cigarette smoke, it did smell like old ladies. Yum!

Anyway, it was great! The kids enjoyed it, Jon took a nap and Jack fell asleep at the end! Then we went to Johnny Rockets - a local burger joint. The kids got to sit at the counter and the food was delicious! One of the happiest days of the year! (We'll have to carry on this tradition in Utah!)

Kate, Lindsey & Jack waiting for the show to start

Hannah - 7 months old!!!

Jack during the second half

Lindsey - the $8 popcorn forgotten!


Kirsten & Ammon - looking extra happy! (The reason being that they just ate french fries!!! As a family, they decided to make a New Year's Resolution to not eat french fries for a year. The kids joined in and so they hadn't had any since December. They made an exception this day and you should have seen the joy on Hailey's face - priceless!! It made my heart skip a beat - I was so happy for them!)

Jeff, Beth & Kyle

6 comments:

Becky Sorenson said...

Oh Lindsey! Reminds me of the time I took her shopping for the first time last summer when I told her I'd buy her a new outfit. She picked out a $12 piece of crap purse instead (it seriously was the smallest/ugliest purse I'd ever seen). I tried and tried to talk her out of it and even told her I'd GIVE her one of my purses, but she would NOT let it go. So finally I told her I'd either buy her a new summer outfit or that purse. And she picked the purse! I learned my lesson quickly and never did that again (AND ended up buying her an outfit instead, although she wasn't too thrilled about it!)

Bowen Family said...

I know. Lindsey is so sweet, but she'll probably not remember the fun time of going to Disney on Ice. She'll remember that we didn't buy the popcorn. You are TOO good to her!

Becky Sorenson said...

And she'll remember the summer of 2008 as the summer I spent with Maggi! Oh I love that girl..I'm sure they'll be many more great stories to come!

Kirsten said...

I will remember the summer of 08 too!! ;-)

Seriously though-last weekend was one fun memory!!! Thanks so much for a fun day, and great memories at Johnny Rockets. I'll never forget those fries...I can still taste them right as I typing. Hailey will undoubtedly never forget that memory either!!! Thank you (as always) for a wonderful (and extremely generous!!) day!

Kelsi said...

Disney on Ice looks like so much fun. I never was able to go as a little kid. You guys are always doing fun stuff.

quacks said...

Let us in on the Utah tradition!
Can't wait til your here.