Sunday, April 5, 2009

Going to Daddy's work

Okay - I just had to eat a quick bowl of cereal (because of staying up so late) - and thought I'd hurry and blog about what happened tonight. It was a normal Saturday and a normal bedtime. Jon and I were on our way to bed when Hannah woke up and sounded croupy. (Ah, again! Our third child within about a month with croup). Jon took her outside to try to help her breathe better but it didn't seem to help at all. We had some steroid medication left from Jack's croup, so we gave her that, but felt like we should still take her in. We called the Larson's and Doug came over to sleep on the couch (thank you again so much Doug!!!), Jon and Doug gave her a blessing and we took Hannah in.

The nurses and attending were so great and helped us through pretty quick. They took several chest x-rays of her, just to make sure she hadn't aspirated anything. She is scooting all over the place now and I get things out of her mouth all day long (including a dime this week). We tried to give her some breathing treatments while we were there, but they just seemed to make her more upset. The X-rays looked clear and her breathing became much better, so we were able to take her home.

It was kind of fun to see where Jon works (although he's at Children's Hospital just occasionally now). I don't know how he does it. The staff sure like him there though and got a kick out of seeing Hannah. He has to be up in just a couple of hours to be back at the ICU. Poor guy! But, anyway, we're so grateful that Hannah is okay!

5 comments:

Kelsi said...

That is awesome Jon is done and you guys are coming back. I look at the long road ahead of us for medical school. Beck showed me a picture of your house. It's beautiful!! You guys deserve it.

Becky Sorenson said...

Oh I'm so glad everything was ok..my poor little Hannah. I can't believe you found a dime in her mouth. I wonder how long it had been there. I MISS you. And will call you later..stories to tell!

Kirsten said...

I still can't believe within hours of seeing you guys you were in the ER! That is so scary but I am glad that she ended up fine and that everything was alright.

Cute pictures below! You have darling kids and Becky did a cute job taking their pictures. I wish Becky would come back for a "redo" trip so I could redeem myself!

P.S. Thanks so much for all you did for the D.C. trip. We really did have an amazing time!

Debbie said...

nothing worse than a sick baby...i remember when we took the girls into the ER for RSV...it was terrbile, but the awesome MD and RNs were amazing!!!! Thank you modern medicine and thank you Jon for being an MD. Can't wait til you guys are headed this way... I know that it is a bitter sweet feeling. I remember that!!! It has been over 12 years that we moved to Ohio and almost 6 years we have been in CA...CRAZY!!!!

pamela said...

how scary!! oh this age is hard as far as keeping them safe! i'm so glad she is ok.