Monday, April 27, 2009

Things I Never Want to Forget About Jack - Age 5



This little boy is such a joy! We all love Jack so much! He's at such a fun age right now, so I wanted to record some things that I love most about him.


1. He's our child most concerned about our upcoming move to Utah. He is easily reassured though that we'll be taking all of our stuff (or at least what will fit on the truck). He also truly believes that he and Jon will be roommates. I guess he figures that since we're making changes any way, that it's about his turn to have Jon sleep in the same room as he does. He believes they will sleep on bunkbeds - Jon on bottom, Jack on the top- and that they'll talk about basketball and soccer every night.

2. He is in love with soccer right now. He asks every day how many more days until his next game. He's really come out of his shell and goes right after that ball. We love watching him play and the excitement that runs through his skinny little legs.

3. Whenever he runs, he has to pull up his pants every few seconds.

4. About once a day, he'll blurt out "I love you, mom!"

5. When we're driving in the car and we drive by a car that is waiting to turn out of a driveway, he says "Good block, mom!"

6. He plans on marrying Brynlee Rasmussen and being a baseball player when he grows up.

7. He asked the other day if he'll be an old man some day. When I told him "yes", he then asked if his friend Jake Nadauld would be an old man some day too. When I told him "yes" he got really excited that he and Jake could be old men at the same time.

8. Jack has a great smile and is such a little buddy. He's my child that will stay right by my side in a crowded mall or walking into a store. He's dependable, sweet, happy and such a wonderful part of our family. He puts up with a lot of girlness in our house and he's so happy that he has his dad to wrestle with and play with. We love you Jack!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he truly is a cutie! I am excited for your move, to get to know all of your kids better. And to see you too. It was so nice to see you guys the beginning of the month. So fun! It has been way too long. Glad we have good old blogs to keep us all updated!

Angie said...

Cute pictures of Jack! He is a sweet boy!

Becky Sorenson said...

I love that little man. He is the best buddy to have around and I love taking him places one on one. I also love that he has to constantly pull up his pants! AND I also love how he thinks boys are automatically so much better than girls at certain things!!

megadog said...

Those things about Jack were making me laugh out loud-he is hillarious. I love "Good Block"
Aiden would have Paul for his roomy any day of the week. He crawls in bed with us every night. And secures that he won't get kicked out by saying, "Love ya Mom"
Jack is one funny and cute kid!