Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kate's Princess Birthday Party

This post isn't exactly how I thought it was going to be. I have been meaning to get this post up for several days and just hadn't had a chance to sit down and do it. Kate had a really fun birthday party and I got some really cute pictures! But today, when I went to get my camera to upload the pictures, I couldn't find it. After searching the entire house, Jon and I also noticed that our laptop is gone. So, we had our new digital camera (complete with bag, lense, everything) and our laptop taken out of our house! We have a pretty good idea who did it and sadly, it was someone we invited into our home and trusted - and it was taken while we were in the house!!!

I think we're still in shock and still trying to figure out what to do, as well as trying to deal with feelings of being violated, feelings of being angry and especially feelings of being really disappointed.

Anyway...we'll see what happens with that...but, sadly, Kate's party pictures were on it. I did take 1 picture beforehand, so we'll go with that and a description of the party....


I got this idea from Kirsten....but, we took the invitation and 1 shoe to three of Kate's friends (Josie, Megan and Ava). We told them they would get the other shoe at her party and to wear their favorite princess dress. The three little girls all came and we got them all decked out. We made Fruit Loop necklaces, made crowns with jewels and gave them wands & rings. We played a game and then the Shoe Dragon came!
The Shoe Dragon was Jon. He had put on some green scrubs and we had rubber banded (is that a word?) a shoe to each of his arms and each of his ankles. Fortunately for the girls, there was a prince nearby - Jack!! He came with shield, sword, helmet and cloak to save the day! The Shoe Dragon fired rubber bands at the prince, but thankfully, the prince defeated the dragon! Once the Shoe Dragon was defeated, the prince took 1 shoe off at a time and placed it on the correct princess' foot. (Ahhh - it was so, so cute!).
Then we opened gifts, ate princess cupcakes and let the girls play. It was fun, easy and oh, so cute!

12 comments:

Em said...

I'm so sorry Jeannette! The party sounded like so much fun. Cute cute ideas. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Ryan Cowley said...

You have the best party ideas! I may have to copy a couple of them this year!

Sorry about your computer and camera. It is the worst feeling to lose those memories but how it happened makes it even worse!

Jillio said...

I'm so sorry too. This is Jill and I love your blog, rarely comment because I'm usually peeking at blogs when someone is yelling MOM!!!! Your kids are so cute and I love reading about all your fun activities. 2010 has been a bit of a hard year for us too so I'm hoping things will be better for us all!

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

I am still sad for you guys over the camera and laptop and am still shaking me head in disbelief over it. I am so, so sorry that happened.

Kate's party sounded darling and I bet she just loved being spoiled and being a princess for the day. I love the idea of the shoe dragon and the fruit loop necklaces. I hadn't thought of that. That's super cute!!

Happy Birthday Kate, we love you!

Kelsi said...

OH my gosh Jeannette. That is awful. I hope you get them back! Cute party. The shoe idea is great!

megadog said...

Thinking about you guys. SO sad and so disappointing. I am truly sorry. I love your party idea and I hope things will work out.

CamilleJohnFam said...

Sorry about your camera and laptop. that's very sad! Cute party! Hard to believe she is 4 already! She's darling!

Jessika said...

That party sounds SO adorable!!! I'm sure it was so fun! So sad about the laptop and camera though. That is so horrible.

pamela said...

the party sounds really great jeanette! but i can't get over the laptop and camera. yikes.

Debbie said...

so sorry about what happened, that is terrible, maybe that person will feel really horrible and bring your valuables back...hugs to you and miss ya lots...cute idea and cute picture of shoes