Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Day

We had a blast on Christmas Day!! The kids had written a letter to Santa, asking him to take our gifts to my parents house, and.....HE DID!!!! We got to their house a little after 7:00, and we were greeted by 9 of the happiest people, all singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" and forming a tunnel for us to run through. It was so much fun!! We spent the day with my parents, Peter, Richard & Misty, Mike & Candy, and Becky & John.

Santa was fun this year and got the kids some really fun things...Emily & Lindsey got new American Girl dolls and a treehouse for them, Jack got the Millenium Falcon, Kate got a Polly Pocket roller coaster and Hannah got a Sesame Street house. All 16 of us packed into my parents front room, but it didn't seem like that many people. We opened our Santa gifts, then had a delicious breakfast and then opened gifts from each other. My heart took a lot of pictures that I will never forget!

We stayed in our pj's most of the day and then enjoyed a delicious Christmas dinner, after being joined by my grandma, Aunt Camille and Matt Nielson. It was great to watch the kids play, watch movies and play several versions of Ticket to Ride (including the German and Switzerland versions).

Jon left for work around 3:30 and the kids and I headed home around 6:30. Thank you again mom and dad for such a fun, wonderful and perfect Christmas!!















Kate and her American Girl doll, Elizabeth



Grandma, Hannah and her new Bitty Baby


Kate asleep after a great day!

8 comments:

Candy said...

Jen.... please take that picture down... please.

Bowen Family said...

Candy...okay I will, but I don't see why. You and Mike both look great!!

Craw papa said...

Fun times!

Debbie said...

looks like a great day!! i had a dream about you guys last night that you lived right next door...it was so fun!!!

Becky Sorenson said...

I'll never forgot that Christmas morning - that was so much fun to all be together.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL Christmas! I could tell it was a joyful day from the way you wrote about it. I'm totally jealous of the American Girl treehouse... I want one!

pamela said...

it looks like a really fun christmas!

Kelsi said...

Sounds like a full house of fun. I love all of their cute pajamas!