Monday, July 19, 2010

Hannah Meets Hannah

Two years ago, when Jon & I were trying to decide on a name for our baby, I got a birth announcement from one of my mission companions, Rebecca (Caldwell) Cowley. She had just had a baby girl (her 5th baby too) and her name was Hannah. I remember thinking "Oh, I wish that we could name our baby that too." I have loved the name Hannah for a long time and have a great-grandma named Hannah, but it took a little convincing to get Jon to like it. But, obviously, we named our baby Hannah and we've loved it.

After moving to Utah a year ago, we've been wanting to get together with Rebecca & her family, as well as Heather, who is our friend from Ohio. Rebecca & I were companions during the summer of 1996 and we lived in a town called Urbana. We got to know Heather, who was only about 15 at the time, and her family. Heather moved to Utah a few years later to go to school. She got married a little over a year ago and is now expecting her first baby.

We had dinner together, visited and reminisced about old times & watched the kids soak themselves with water balloons. It was really fun to see both Rebecca and Heather again and the kids enjoyed playing together.

The 2 Hannah's!



Ryan helping the kids make water balloons


Jacob



Matthew, Sarah, Jacob & Emily pinning down Jack to get him with a balloon.




Rebecca, Heather & I

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess i need to blog about this event too..i am a slacker

Ryan Cowley said...

Thanks again for having us over! We had a great time!