Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Croup

Our 3 oldest kids never, ever got croup! Then, Kate & Hannah came along and for some reason, those 2 ALWAYS get croup. Usually it's accompanied by a cold, cough, etc., but last night, Hannah woke up at 3:00 a.m. with it. She hadn't had a runny nose, cough, grumpiness....nothing!

Jon had been at work and was supposed to get off around 1:00 a.m., so I called him to see if he was headed home. Thankfully, he was literally 30 seconds from being home, so he was able to figure out how much steroids to give her and was also willing to walk around outside with her. When they came back in, Hannah told me she was hungry. I asked if she wanted a cracker or bowl of cereal. Her response was: Ding Dong!

Well, who can blame a girl??!! Ding Dongs always make me feel better too and anyone that visits our house knows that there's usually a Ding Dong to be found!

5 comments:

john + becky said...

Ha ha...glad the ding dong made her feel better!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Oh. I can totally relate to this. All of our kids are croup monsters. It can be so scary. We have walked many sleepless nights in the streets with croupy children. Congrats on baby 6! :)

Lisa said...

Leah is our chronic croup child. No fun! It's nice when you have the hubby around to tag team.

Kelsi said...

Ew I hate the Croup!! Its the worst! I use to get it when I was little all the time. That is so cute she wanted a ding dong.

megadog said...

Can't blame the girl for wanting a ding dong. I'd take that as a good sign that she's feeling better.