Thursday, February 3, 2011

Special Visitor from Russia!

Two weeks ago, we had a special treat of having my mom come back to Utah for 10 days! Usually mission president's wives don't get to come home, but my mom was able to get special permission to come home for Brooklyn being born. It has seemed like my parents have been gone F-O-R-E-V-E-R, and they still have 2 1/2 years left! But, we loved every single minute we got to have my mom back! What a treat to have her come and spoil us for several days!

All of my siblings & I drove out to the airport to pick her up. We waited and waited and finally saw this crazy lady coming down the escalator wearing a huge Russian hat. We knew that was our mom and couldn't decide whether to welcome her with huge hugs or turn and walk away! Just kidding!!! We hugged her and loved her! She looked sooooo good and it was wonderful to have her back. We got her luggage and then drove to 3 different Maverick gas stations to find her some frozen yogurt!

She & I were able to visit her mom (who is now in an Alzheimer's facility) and sister the next day and then spent the day and night at the hospital with Becky while she was having Brooklyn. How fun to just hang out with her again!

She spent most of her nights at Becky's house, but we were able to shop, go to lunch, having a birthday dinner for Mike & Kate and even have an extra day with her (due to snow in New York!).

The time went way too fast, but it's a time we'll always remember! We missed our dad tremendously and wished he could have come too! But, how grateful we were to have her with us for a few short days! We love you mom! Thank you again!

The crazy lady coming down the escalator!

Peter & my mom

My mom & grandma

My aunt Camille, Grandma & Mom



Mike & Kate's birthday cake





How sweet is this little angel? We can't get enough of her!


Saying goodbye - Lindsey


Kate

Hannah (with a mouth full of Cheetos)


Emily

and Jack!

4 comments:

Em said...

Such a great post. Don't know how you let her go back. It was so fun to see her.

john + becky said...

That was one of the best 10 (well 11) days ever!! I will never forget the fun times we had...beginning with my labor and delivery. I just LOVE being together with my mom and sister...it is the best. Great post!

sixmoores said...

Looks heavenly!

Jennifer said...

this made me so excited for my parents to come home. My mom said your mom was so excited to visit you guys. And your dad said things work out perfectly for her (always) which is why Becky had her baby right after she got there. So glad you guys got to spend time with her.