Monday, October 29, 2012

Becky's visit - Day 1

 We just had a wonderful 2 weeks with my sister Becky and her two kids, Brooklyn & Jake!!   We had asked Becky to come to Utah and watch the kids so that Jon and I could go away for a few days and she was willing!!!

I picked them up on Friday afternoon around 1:00.  My kids all begged for me to get them out of school early so they could go, but being the mean mom that I am, I didn't.    It was SOOOOO good to see her again (even though they have only been gone a couple of months).  The kids had grown and Brooklyn was so excited to see everyone.

What a treat to have them here!   Becky and I hit nearly every quilt store in the Salt Lake Valley, we laughed, went on errands and played with the kids.  She also managed to work during her time here and I did PTA stuff too.

We had family pictures scheduled the first afternoon they were here.  The weather was "ify" all day, but we decided to try them any way.   In record time - 20 minutes - we were done!  Family pictures & individual pictures!  I'm excited to see them and hope they turned out.

Afterwards, we met all of my siblings (except Mike who was out of town)  at Olive Garden for dinner.  My parents had given us a gift card at Christmas and we had saved it to do after family pictures in the fall.    It was so fun to see how excited all the cousins were to be together and it was just a wonderful, fun dinner.  (I only wish my parents had been there to enjoy it too - but next year!).


Hannah & Jake
 





I love this picture of Sophia - so cute!!


3 comments:

Misty said...

That was such a treat, going out to the olive garden with everyone! Thanks again, you guys are the best! Sophia is funny... Sometimes she really cheeses it up for the camera. I was a lot of fun seeing all the cousins play together. Sophia always has a lot of fun with everyone!

Kelsi said...

So fun Becky was able to go stay with you guys. She told me she had a really good trip. Excited to see your witches party!

john + becky said...

Oh I am missing you guys so much! That was SUCH a fun trip and went by so fast.

Olive Garden was really fun with everyone and thanks again for treating us.

I still haven't uploaded my pictures yet, but when I do I will email them to you.