Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July - Part 2

 Jon had to work an overnight on July 3rd and 4th, so I knew if the kids wanted to go to the Murray Parade and/or run the 5K race that I'd have to do it on my own.  I asked the kids what they wanted to do and no one was dying to go - phew!  That meant a nice, relaxing morning!

We got all dressed up for the day and took a few pics!





 Photo taken by Hannah
 
 
After the water fight at my parent's house, we came home and got the house ready for our big family party.  Jon had smoked some pork overnight, so other then keeping the house picked up, I had a pretty easy job.
 
As soon as people started to come, we made them do pictures in the front yard.
 
 

 This is rare these days to get Jack to smile good for a photo - you'll see in the next several pictures what I'm talking about.
 
 These are all my parent's grandkids - minus Brooklyn, Jake & Remmy :(  They were in AZ.
Mike is engaged to a wonderful girl named Mandy and Mandy has two beautiful daughters - Zoey & Alyssa.  We are so, so excited to have them joining our family.  They've fit right in!  We love them!
 

 Misty, Max, Sophia & Rich
 
 Mandy, Zoey, Mike & Alyssa
 

 Our family - Lindsey (12), Kate (8), me (too old to admit my age), Hailey (3), Hannah (5), Jack (10), Jon & Emily (14).
 

 Kate specifically asked for a picture with just her and Sophia.  They are good little buddies.  This was Sophia's first smile.  Then I said "Say, Kate is my buddy..."
 
 And this is what we got :)
 
 
We had a yummy dinner (the Graf's, Cowden's,  Aunt Camille & Sandy and my friend Julie all came too).
 
Then, we had a fun quiz that my dad prepared about our founding fathers and our amazing country.  Then, we played "Never Have I Ever" in the front yard and then lit fireworks.  The evening was wonderful.   Jon left for work at 10:50 and all my kids were still up having a blast.









Happy Birthday America!

3 comments:

john + becky said...

Ahh...so sad we weren't there! But you got some great pictures of everyone. I loved everyone's 4th of July outfits too.

Next year, we will be there!

Em said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the 4th of July outfits - so so cute!

Kelsi said...

I love all of the cute family photos! Congrats to Mike! We are so happy for him. You dress your kids adorable for the 4th!