Saturday, July 5, 2014

While Jon & Emily walked the plains.....

 ..... the other 5 kids & I enjoyed daily outings!

Jon & Emily were able to go on pioneer trek a week and a half ago.   Jon went as the doctor and did such a great job.   He was prepared for nearly anything...he even took a backboard with him.   So many people have told me how great he was out there and how much they loved having him there.

Emily had a great time too!   I never worry about her because she has such a good attitude and is so easy to get along with.   They had some terrible rain hit the camp on the 2nd night, which broke tents and soaked sleeping bags & blankets.   She spent a long, cold night in a trailer (which they put several girls in thinking it would be warmer).  But, she did it with a smile on her face.  She loved her Ma & Pa and had a great time.

I had taken care of the publicity & registration for Trek.  It was quite a bit of work, but I enjoyed it.  I was invited to go on Trek, but when I was asked in January, I was pregnant (which I miscarried that same week) and then when I was asked again at the beginning of June, I had just found out that I had had another molar pregnancy.   So, another miscarriage.   I didn't feel like it was my time to go as I was recovering from that.  (More on my feelings & emotions in a different post).


Another BIG reason for me not to go was the other 5 kids!  

We had a good time - although I was totally, completely exhausted by the time Jon & Emily returned.   Lindsey was such a huge help and the other kids were good too.  We tackled potty training Hailey that week to - which has been pretty good.

One day, I took the kids to Lagoon.   One day, I took them to Thanksgiving Point to the new Museum of Natural Curiosity!   It was absolutely packed, but it was a really, really fun place.  The kids had a blast.  I ended up buying a year-long family pass, so it will be nice to go back when it's not quite for crowded.

Thankfully, most of the kids are big enough to let them go around the different things on their own - leaving me with Hannah & Hailey to watch.  I hadn't seen Jack for a little while in "Kidopolis" and I laughed when I looked up and saw the sign on the movie theater.  I knew right where he was!





They had a lot of fun things for the kids to do!







 
When we went outside, the kids waited in line about 30 minutes to do this zip line thing on the playground.   They all loved it too!













I tried to take some cute picture of the kids, but Kate was the only one who would have anything to do with it....



No comments: