Thursday, May 27, 2010

Art Classes

As most of you know, I'm a proud, proud mom! My heart literally skips beats on a daily basis because of my children! I couldn't have asked for better kids and I couldn't be any prouder of them.

Emily and Lindsey have taken art classes from a wonderful woman across the street. Miss Camille (as they call her), is in our ward (she's one of Hannah's nursery leaders) and she teaches art classes in her home. They don't have a specific art teacher at school, so we jumped at the chance to have them take art from Camille. Twice during the school year, they have an art show, so last weekend we were able to go. Her students do amazing work and it just made me that much more grateful for the wonderful neighborhood that we live in.

Here is a sample of their work:

Lindsey - she drew her American Girl doll, Ruthie

Lindsey - I think it's breathtaking. The detail in the rabbit and bird amaze me. They didn't get any of their artistic talent from their mother, that's for sure.


Emily's shark


Emily

Emily & Lindsey with Ms. Camille

4 comments:

Becky Sorenson said...

Wow. Both girls did a GREAT job! They didn't get ANY of their artistic ability for the Sorenson side!!

Kirsten said...

OH my goodness!!! They are both so talented! I am in total awe of both of their work. I want to see MORE! Ethan would love, LOVE taking that class. I have to find time though in our schedule to have him take one!

I have missed talking to you friend! It's been fun catching up on everything with your blog...the projects, the wedding, the sports, everything!! We'll have to talk sometime this weekend if you have a couple moments. Ok, let's be honest...like an hour or more! ;-D Love you tons!!!!

Dehner Family said...

I see some serious talent! That is some impressive artwork.
Also - I love Jack in his little cowboy get-up. He's so sweet!

Kelsi said...

They are amazing artists. That bird!! Wow... I can see why you are so proud.