Monday, May 10, 2010

While mom was away...

The kids had a great time while I was gone in Ohio for 4 days. Jon was the best Mr. Mom and took such good care of them. He also had a lot of help from my parents and siblings - thanks guys!

On Friday night, they went to my parent's ward, where they got to have a spaghetti dinner and participate in a cake auction (the young women of the ward put it together). Apparently, my kids (at the approval of my mom) kept trying to outbid each other on the same cake! They ended up with this beauty and immediately started picking the candy off!





Saturday night was Emily & Lindsey's last dance show of the year. My friend, Alisha, was kind enough to do their hair and make up (and overwhelming assignment for any man) and they looked so cute. Jon took all the kids to the first show and then my parents brought them dinner between shows and stayed for the second one. I know how hard the girl's worked to learn their "At the Hop" dance and I was told they did fabulous!






It was fun to have a break and be away, but great to get home as well. The kids were great for Jon and I don't know what I would do without him! Hannah has been super clingy since I've been home - even to the point of knocking on the mudroom door when I go into the garage to unload groceries.

No comments: