Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Richard & Misty's wedding - ring ceremony & reception

After taking pictures at the Temple, we drove to my parent's house for a quick 20 minute break and then drove to "This is the Place" State Park, where Rich & Misty's had a ring ceremony & their reception. It was a gorgeous place to have it and we all had a wonderful time. Prior to the ceremony, we took lots of pictures:


Our family - except for Jack & Jon
5 Sorenson siblings






The Sorenson in-laws (minus Jon)




Candy & Mike

This picture isn't great because everyone is looking at a different camera, but I love my mom's look. She was also relaxed and had a great time enjoying this day.


My 2 cousins - Meg & Tyler


Mike & Corinne

Peter & Hannah - Hannah was kind of solemn all day


Kate & Becky


Mike, Lindsey & John


Hannah & her poppa






Meg & Richard


The ring ceremony was in a little chapel and was performed by my dad. He did a great job and it was fun to see them exchange rings.



There was a train that was available throughout the evening and the kids had a great time riding it. (You'll notice Mike up in the front red car).
After the ring ceremony, we enjoyed their reception in Smoot Hall. It was beautiful. I always love being able to visit with so many friends and family. We love them all so much and our lives are better because of each of them!

The yummy desserts


The food was out of this world! The salsa was the best salsa that I've ever had!


The Wedding Cake

Emily & Peter

Proof I was there - photo taken by Kate


I LOVE this picture!! Kate absolutely adores John!

Cutting the cake

There wasn't much room - so sorry about the real photographer in the picture too!




Richard & Misty's dance


Kate getting to hold the bouquet while Misty's danced

Misty dancing with her dad. I told Misty that one of the highlights of the day for me was how proud & happy both of Misty's parents were of her. You could really just tell how proud they are of their wonderful daughter.

My mom & Richard's dance




This picture is blurry, but it's actual proof that Richard danced and smiled while doing it!



Ebby, Annie & Meg trying out line dancing

Mike & Aunt Becky - having a great time!

We were all exhausted by the end, but what a great day!

3 comments:

Kelsi said...

What great pictures!!! It looks like you all had a blast. Rich and Misty look so happy and cute together!

john + becky said...

I LOVE that picture of Kate kissing John. And I love how much she loves him. That was such a fun day! I wish we could do it all over again. I need to get these pictures from you. You always take so many good ones.

Em said...

Your pictures are all so good. It was such a nice day. That was such a neat place to have their reception. The train was fabulous! And I loved all their food. It was so good.