Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day

The day after Rich & Misty's wedding was Mother's Day. It was a beautiful spring day and we had a good day. I think Hannah woke up extra early (like 6:00 a.m.) and Jon was at work all day, but that night, we had my grandma, aunt, parents, siblings & cousins over for dinner. Jon had bought some yummy steak while I was in Ohio, so we grilled that and had a really nice evening.



Aunt Camille, Grandma & my mom

Becky, Grandma, Corinne & me

Grandma Clyde's girls


My dad & Mike




A spring/summer evening just wouldn't be complete with swinging the kids in the air. Mike & Becky let the kids take turns swinging ....

Hannah




Kate



And my mom - always a kid at heart!





I have such a great mom and love her so much! We have really enjoyed this last year we've had to spend a lot of time with my parents. They are just 1 month away from leaving for 3 years to Russia and we're just soaking up every minute we can. Thanks mom for always being a best friend!!

P.S. Jon, being the sweet husband that he is, felt bad that I didn't get breakfast in bed, etc. on Mother's Day, so the kids and he took me out to dinner the next day at Texas Roadhouse. Yummy! I love being a mom!

1 comment:

megadog said...

Happy Mother's Day to all you cute gals. I'm sure it was a bittersweet one with your mom heading off for a few years! We'll miss her a lot.