Monday, February 16, 2009

Just Because....

I had a special treat this weekend...from an incredible person! One of my greatest blessings in my life is incredible friends! INCREDIBLE is the only way to describe my friend Kirsten! She surprised me this weekend with a beautiful, wonderful, new quilt (the picture doesn't do it justice)! It was a "just because" quilt! I couldn't believe it. She is one of the busiest people I know - she has 4 kids, a super busy husband in his first year of surgery residency, a busy church calling, PTO responsibilities, she's a friend to everyone and is always doing things for others. Somehow, she found the time to make me this quilt. As someone who quilts, I know how much time it takes to make a quilt and knowing her, she sacrificed lots of hours of sleep!!! I am so touched and so grateful for a person in my life that makes me want to be a better person, for someone who I look up to and for someone who is an incredible friend! Thank you so much Kirsten - I will cherish it forever!!!

2 comments:

quacks said...

Sweet Kirsten. That is a beautiful quilt, I love it.

Can't wait for you to be out here with us!
~H

ludlow said...

What a beautiful quilt. She most have learned from a pro. Good luck with the move to Utah.