Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day! First of all, we have the BEST moms! We love them so much and appreciate all that they have and do for us! They are amazing women, who have made the world a better place, just by being in it!

We had 9:00 a.m. church, so we got up early and got everyone ready to go. Jon was asked to speak and he did a great job! He talked about Eve and her understanding, willingness to sacrifice and her leadership and compared those qualities to his mom. The kids made cute cards in Primary and it was a really great day.

We got home and then the kids and Jon surprised me with lunch in bed! What a treat to kick my feet up and have lunch served to me. As the kids and Jon got lunch made, little did they realize, they had a 3 year old messenger that kept coming up to my room and telling me what they were making and doing. At one point, she even brought up a flower from the bouquet just to show me. My yummy lunch arrived....bacon, turkey & cheese sandwich (wow!), chips and my very own Coke Zero. The kids sat by me....Kate eating the Funyons and Lindsey eating the Fritos. What a treat! (Jon stopped at the grocery store at 12:30 a.m., on his way home from work, to pick up all the good food).

Kate & Lindsey enjoying lunch with me





Then my biggest surprise came...Banana Cream Pie icecream from Graeter's. For those who don't live in Columbus, Graeter's is an icecream store with the best icecream ever! They have seasonally had a flavor called Banana Cream Pie. I'm not a big banana fan, but this icecream is delicious (it tastes like banana bread). Well, they recently stopped making it, so I thought I had eaten my last dish. Jon was able to find a pint at the store, so it was a great surprise. (Graeter's apparently knows how delicious their icecream is, because it's $4.09 for a pint and $13.29 for 1/2 gallon - but, oh so worth it!).
We had a delicious dinner all together to end the day, with Family Home Evening (due to a baseball game & daddy at work on Monday). The kids were great and I told them that they are the reason I'm a mother. I love them for that! Thank you Jon and kids for a great day and thank you again to our great mothers, and to all of the great mothers that surround us!

1 comment:

Noakes said...

I'm so glad you had a fun day. It's been a while since I've checked up on you guys. YOur house looks gorgeous!!! Very exciting. We are planning on heading to D.C. in August, so I'll have to get some tips from you. I will be nursing a baby as well - doesn't sound very promising. I can't believe you guys are leaving Columbus!! WE are so happy for you guys and your job, your house and moving onto the next stage of your life. YOur family is absolutely adorable and we love to see all the fun things you guys are doing.