Sunday, May 17, 2009

This Sight Would Make You Laugh

Here's something to picture in your mind....

Each morning when the girls and I leave to walk down the street to the bus stop, Lindsey asks if she can ride her scooter. I usually say yes and she rides down the sidewalk. As she gets on the bus, she reminds me to bring her scooter back in the afternoon when she gets off the bus. And so, her mother, is stuck with carrying this scooter back home. After several bonks to my shins, I decided that since I have very little pride left anyway, it would just be easier to ride the scooter home and then ride it back to the bus stop in the afternoon. So, around 8:00 weekday mornings and 3:00 weekday afternoons, you can see a grown woman, hunched over on a scooter, trying hard not to hit a rock and go flying over the front, riding down the street.

It's probably good practice for all the other embarassing things that I'm sure to do as a mother. Or as Lindsey would say, things that "humiliate" her.

12 comments:

lisa h. said...

that is great! i might just have to drive over one morning and see for myself!

Carrie said...

I want a pic of you riding the scooter!!!!

Debbie said...

me too!!! whre are the other two? what day are you moving? I can't believe that time is coming so fast!!! i can't believe we left columbus 6 years ago...it seems like yesterday we were taking the kids to wendy's and whetstone...

Debbie said...

ok i just went back to all your posts...your house is sooo pretty! you are not going to know what to do with all that space...and the backyard is amazing!!!!!! you really deserve this, you guys have been in an apt for so long, without complaints, you made it work and now look what you will be living in!!! gorgeous!!! i am soooo happy for you guys!!! can't wait to see it someday!!! you aren't that far away now :)

Becky Sorenson said...

Ha ha...I can just see you pushing along Dierker on that scooter...as Rich and I would say, "Nerd alert!"

Becca said...

OH I bet you are the cutest mom around!! That makes me smile....I want to see a picture too!

The Lilly's said...

That cracks me up that Lindsey already has things that humiliate her! Watch out for those teenage years!

Simply Selph said...

Yea, why didn't we do this years ago? I can't wait to see all the adventures in your future! By the way, I have done the exact same thing with my kids scooters, but I am usually trying to walk the dog at the same time and not doing a very good job at either one.

Candy said...

J
I always love reading your blog... It is truly devine. Hope things are well for you, it seems as it time is coming up a little too fast for the move. I am sure that your friends (which have probably become family) will miss you. On the otherhand it will be great to have you here.
Take care, Candy

Kelsi said...

Ha ha that is awesome. My oldest sister told me the other day she does that same thing and her daughter was very embarrassed! Tell Jon thanks for giving Tom advise last night. He is taking the test at this moment.

sixmoores said...

I love the things we do for our kids!

Becca said...

Jeanette, Thank you so much for helping Kirsten with my birthday quilt!!! It's beautiful, I love it sooooo much!!!! Thank you also for those cards!!! You are so thoughtful and talented!! I'm grateful that we are friends!!!