Monday, June 14, 2010

4th Grade Field Trip

A couple of days before school ended, I was able to go on the 4th grade field trip! They had studied Utah History all year and concluded it with a hike up Ensign Peak (where Brigham Young first planned out the city of Salt Lake) and then to This is the Place Park to spend the rest of the day doing pioneer activities. It was a really great day and I loved spending it with Emily.

I didn't take any picture on Ensign Peak (until we got back down to the bottom) because it was rainy and I didn't want the camera to get wet.

Some of the 4th grade girls (Emily is on the first row in the brown sweatshirt)

Emily & I

Emily, Haylie (Emily's friend) and Rachel getting ready to pull the handcart.


More of Emily's friends - Natalie, Kenzie & Leandra



Returning from the handcart pull


This handcart lost a wheel! This cute gal is one of the 4th grade teachers and is also in our ward. She is so cute and is such a great teacher!

The kids went to a pretend school and the school teacher was explaining the common punishment for forgetting assignments - sitting on a stool in front of the class for 3 hours with a dunce cap on!




They also were taught some pioneer dancing - this is Emily & Haylie having fun!
It was a great day - thanks for Jon for watching the other kids!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah! I worked here as an interpreter the summer before marrying Rick. I taught the dancing. How fun that you guys got to enjoy it together.

megadog said...

That looks really fun. I've got to get my kids up there for a little square dancin'
It is also SO fun at Christmas time. You'll have to try it.