Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Day of School

The last day of school was June 3rd, so I'm a little behind in blogging. The kids have been excited to be out for summer vacation and I admit, that I was really excited too. I always face summer vacation with mixed feelings. I love having them home and having time to do fun stuff together, but I also really like school and the structure that it brings. But, this summer has been something that we've all looked forward to. We're not in the middle of packing and moving across country and the kids are at fun ages, so we can explore Salt Lake together!

The day before school got out, I was able to go to an Awards Assembly at school. Both Emily and Lindsey's teachers had called to tell us that they had been chosen from their classes to receive a special award for academics and citizenship. Each teacher can pick 2 students from their class, and both Emily and Lindsey were chosen. They had no idea, so it was fun that they were surprised. They both work so hard and are such good girls!

Lindsey getting her award

Emily getting her award

Our principal, Mr. Forsyth retired this year. He was a great principal and it will be fun to get to know a new one as well.
On the last day, the teachers and PTA put on a Field Day for the kids and they had a good time.


Emily and some of her friends



Jack saying goodbye to Mrs. Tomlinson


Thomas & Jack


Mrs. Tomlinson & Jack
(All the teachers were given a tie by Mr. Forsyth)

Mrs. Nilsson & Emily


Ms. Keating & Lindsey

6 comments:

john + becky said...

I wish this was the summer of Jeannette and Becky and that I could just follow you around everyday to your activities. 2008 was the best summer of my life...maybe we can do that again sometime.

Debbie said...

they obviously adjusted perfectly!!! our last day is tomorrow....can't wait!!!! what a fun last day and congrats to emily.

Debbie said...

and lindsey too

Kirsten said...

I can't believe a whole other school year has passed!!! That means it just about marks a year since you guys left...I can't believe it! The kids are growing up so fast and great job on the amazing awards! That's wonderful.

I sure wish this was the summer of seeing all of you too! I miss you and Becky a ton! Can't wait to see you guys in August!

megadog said...

Can't belive another year has come and gone. We were really excited to have the kids home this Summer. Some years I'm sort of melancholy, but this year, I was ready to have them home and let the fun begin!

Laura Gunn Studio said...

Hello Jeannette,

It's Sister Bailey (The taller one that isn't actually tall at all). Your SIL, Beth Johnston, is my visiting teacher and somehow we made the connection that I served a mission with someone in her fam. Small world. Your kids are beautiful and it sounds like you are doing well. You can read about me here: www.lauragunn.com

Take care!!

Laura