Friday, April 29, 2011

Weight Gain

So, Hailey needs to gain weight and I need to lose weight! We are taking her a couple of times a week to be weighed and some times it's good news and some times it's not so good news. These are the highs & lows of a preemie.

She's doing really great though and is trying her best to gain. I nurse her as often as I can and as often as she seems awake enough to do it. Other times (like in the middle of the night), I pump and then give her a bottle.

Here's her weight gain so far:

Sunday, April 17th - day of discharge from the hospital - 3 lbs. 15.8 oz.

Tuesday, April 19th - 4 lbs. 2 oz.

Friday, April 22nd - 4 lbs. 5 oz.

Monday, April 25th - 4 lbs. 11 oz.

Friday, April 29th - 4 lbs. 11 1/2 oz.

We were so excited that she had gained so much on Monday, but disappointed that she hadn't gained much by Friday. But, on Monday, she had just eaten and then pooped right after we left. Today, she had eaten about 2 1/2 hours before. So, we'll go again twice next week and see if we can fatten this little girl up!





3 comments:

john + becky said...

Oh she is just the sweetest. I love the little sounds she makes. I hope she keeps packing on those ounces!

Kelsi said...

That was really fun seeing her last night. I am so amazed by her perfect little body and how cute she is.

megadog said...

I loved her. Oh, I just loved her. She is so cute and sweet!
Also, my highlight of the evening was Hannah sitting on my lap. All the struggle has finally paid off!