Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Family Pictures 2015

Having our family pictures taken is no small feat.....

First, there's choosing a photographer!  Two talented friends who have taken pictures for me before just had babies, so I didn't want to bother them.   I decided to use FotoFly.  I've had other friends use them and since we've never done an indoor shot, I thought I'd give them a time.  They did not disappoint!   Our experience with them was awesome!

Second, there's finding a date & time!   Coordinating 9 people's schedules (including a husband who sleeps during the day often and a nursing baby's schedule - and everyone in between, was crazy).

Third, clothes!   Oh, clothes!  To get 9 people clothes that coordinate but aren't too matchy, matchy is a feat!  Emily helped me a ton this year.  We built the clothes around Hannah & Hailey's outfits from Gymboree.  Sam's little bow tie & shirt were given to me by my BFF Becky Larson, so that was easy.  Everyone else, we just added as we found it!   And, there's always one uncooperative opinion about the clothes - this year, it was Kate.  She didn't want to be in pink and wouldn't get a really cute dress that Emily & I found.  I finally had to force her to wear the navy jacket she's in. 

And fourth, you have to basically threaten/bribe nearly every single person to smile, but not fake a smile, and then to cooperate while everyone else is having a turn.

Unbelievably, all the photos were taken within 45 minutes!  Not too bad!  The kids were very good and the photographer was really careful to fix hair and tuck in shirts, etc.   By that evening, I had proofs to look at and order.   

Enjoy!


 Samuel Jay - 6 months old



 Hailey Grace - 4 years old


 Hannah Rebecca - 7 years old



 Kate Elizabeth - 9 years old



 Emily Corinne - 15 1/2 years old





 Jack Michael - 12 years old



Lindsey Diane - 14 years old




Jeannette & Jon - too old to mention

2 comments:

john + becky said...

I LOVE these! They all turned out great. That one of Sam!! My favorite! I love the one of you and Jon too - haven't aged a bit. Great job on the outfits choices.

Em said...

Wow, they did a FANTASTIC job. Everyone looks great. Love the color choices. I can't believe how old Kate looks. That little baby of yours is so so cute.