Friday, November 20, 2015

Jack & Emily's Birthdays

October is a busy birthday month in our family!   We celebrate my mom's, then Jack's, then mine and then Emily's!

I did a birthday dinner for Jack and my mom!  I love this picture!




On Jack's actual birthday, in between piano lessons, voice lesson, tutoring, dance, and Young Women's, we made Jack's favorite dinner (chicken with noodles & white sauce) and stuck a candle in a Drumstick and sang "happy birthday" to him.



Jack is becoming such a nice young man!   He's really mellowed over the last couple of years and has learned how to be much more patient with his sisters.  He absolutely LOVES Hailey and she is literally the only one of us that he'll hug.    He does well in school, tolerates taking piano lessons and enjoys any time he can play sports or hang out with his dad.  

He was also able to be ordained to be a Deacon at Church.  He got his first suit and takes his responsibility of passing the Sacrament very seriously.   The Sunday after his birthday, they had a Priesthood Preview at the church and we were able to take him.



Jack - we sure love you!  It's hard to believe that you're already in your last year of Elementary School!   Thank you for being in our family!

A week later, Emily had a huge birthday - she turned 16!!!!   What??!!  Literally as I'm typing this, Jon has her at the DMV getting her driver's license.  I think I will be gray soon!   I thought potty training, midnight vomit, emotional moments, etc.  were hard, but that's nothing!   This driving stuff is major stuff and my prayers have become more fervent and heart-felt for her safety!

The day after her birthday, her and her friend Brinley, had a huge party!   Brinley's family rented a place and we provided pizza, drinks, candy & chips!  I think they had a great time!  Jon was at work that night and I obviously had 6 other kids that weren't invited, so I stayed with them!

This Emily girl of mine is such a delight!  I just love her so much!   She is beautiful, smart and sensitive!

The admirers are already arriving!  This is KJ, Emily's good friend!  He was so sweet and brought flowers over on her birthday!   We're entering a whole new phase of life too with children dating.  Emily goes to her first school dance tomorrow too!

We love you Em! Seriously, what a beautiful young woman you are!

Note:  I'll go pick out my first hair dye now - I'm going to need it!

2 comments:

Em said...

You had two huge milestone birthdays this year. How can your baby be 16? And I can't believe Jack is 12. I love his suit. Where did you get it? Wow, a driver, oh boy!

john + becky said...

Jack is such a nice kid. He looks great in his first suit. Em is a gem in every way, can't believe she's 16! I hope my kids grow up to be half as great as yours!