Monday, November 16, 2015

Witches Party 2015

One of the reasons I love October so much is my Annual Witches Party!  This was my 7th one since moving to Utah!   Wow!   I did a few things different this year, but figured that I could because it's my party! :)

This is the darling invite that Kelsi designed for me...



 The party favors were little cauldrons with some candy in them - easy!

The theme this year was Favorites!  I love having Favorites parties!  They are seriously so fun!

The first thing that I did differently this year, was I had the dinner catered.  I've always either made or picked up soups to have in bread bowls.    They are delicious, but I wanted to make it really simple this year.  One of my favorite things is Cafe Rio, so I ordered dinner from them.   They even delivered it to my house - talk about easy!  For the drinks, I bought bottled water, Sprite & Diet Coke.  For dessert, my mom picked up donuts!  Delicious & easy!

As usual, I only snapped a couple of pictures because I was too busy "hosting" plus nursing Sam while everyone ate so that he'd be happy during the Favorites part of the party!

 Some of my favorites - Angela (this was her first Witches Party), Camilla with her daughter Emma & Jillian)

 And more of my favorites....Mandy, Becky, Cathy, Ebby, Mary, Misty & Emily

Everyone ate and then I had them fill out a paper with their favorite book they read this year, favorite app, favorite beauty tip, etc. and then we went around the room and shared! I always learn so much from these amazing women!

Then, we shared what we brought for our favorite thing - there were some really fun, great things! 

The second thing that I did differently this year, was in regards to my quilt give-away!  For the past 5 years, it's been a random drawing.  This year though, I knew and felt like this quilt was for my mom.  I've literally only made 2 quilts this entire year  - I'm just at a phase of life where I don't have any time and when I do, I'm honestly too tired.  I'm hoping as Sam gets a little older and as Emily gets her driver's license that my time will open up a little more.   I made Sam a baby quilt and I made this witches quilt (with the help of my mom - I think she did the binding on both quilts for me). 

But, the fabric was so her and I wanted her to have it so bad!  So, I just decided that instead of a drawing, I would just give it to her.  I did a drawing for a couple of gift cards instead :)





I loved how easy this party was this year - something I'll probably continue in the years to come.  I love all of my wonderful sisters, aunts, cousins and of course my mom and it's an honor to treat them to this annual party!

2 comments:

john + becky said...

Another successful party! I love October for many reasons, one of them being your Witches party. Cafe Rio was bomb too.

Em said...

I am sad I missed your party. That is always a highlight of the Halloween season. Sounds like everything was amazing. I am glad your mom got the quilt. I say you give the quilt to whoever you want!!!