Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1st Day of School

Emily and Lindsey started school today. It sure seems to start earlier and earlier each year, but we had a great summer and it's fun to look ahead to a new school year. They were both excited (and a little nervous) and had a great day. Emily's 3rd grade teacher was actually her Kindergarten teacher and Lindsey's 1st grade teacher was Emily's 1st grade teacher, so we know that we have 2 great teachers!

Lindsey said her day seemed like it lasted forever (I remember feeling that way the first few days of school too), but she enjoyed eating lunch at school and loved having so many recesses.

We had a great day at home too! Jon was home most of the day and took Jack and Kate with him to get the tires rotated on the van. I took Hannah and got to see my friend, Becky Larson's new little baby that she had on Monday. Baby Thomas is super cute! Congratulations Larson family! I even had 10 whole minutes this afternoon when the house was silent. Jon was at the hospital, Jack fell asleep on the couch and Kate and Hannah were down for naps. I got to sleep 9 of those minutes, so it was wonderful! Then Hannah woke up, so I sorted my maternity clothes out of the drawers. Yeah!


6 comments:

The Lilly's said...

The girls looked so cute for their first day. Wow, they're getting old!

Kirsten said...

They look so cute together! Hard to believe Jack's going to be there with them next year!! Congrats girls on your first day of school! Have a great school year!

Becca said...

It seems like it's been awhile since I've seen anyone's blog, but I love all of your posts!! Your family is so cute and you do such a good job!! I understand the relief of having good teachers for your kids. We have had nothing but amazing teachers for ours so far and I'm grateful for that!! Yea on Brayden's first day(yesterday) I totally forgot to take pictures, I couldn't believe it. Well today we posted for the 2nd day of school pictures. I guess it's better late than never right!?!?

Britain said...

Congratulations, girls, on your first day back at school! I am glad you got some wonderful teachers this year. That can make all the difference. Have a great year!

pamela said...

hooray for 9 minutes of sleep, as sad as it sounds to have to be grateful for that!

Em said...

They look so cute. I can't believe how big they are getting. Sad the summer is already over!