Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grandma's Visit

We had to sadly say goodbye to Grandma today and we already miss her so much! My mom came 2 1/2 weeks ago (after changing her plane ticket to get here sooner in order to not miss Hannah's birth) and the time went so fast! She was such a good sport with the kids and kept our pantry well stocked! Every morning, I would wake up and she would have gotten up a couple of hours before and had the kids that were awake already fed and happily playing. She also got an amazing amount of quilting & sewing done, including repairing quilts and pillowcases. It was a fun, rare opportunity to have my mom and sister all staying together in the same house.

Thank you so much mom! We love you and hate that we live so far apart! Thank you for the love and patience that you had with us! And thank you for living a life that makes your grandmother Hannah and your grandaughter Hannah proud!
(This isn't a great picture of Hannah, but she's laying on another beautiful quilt that my mom made for her!)

8 comments:

Em said...

How sad to see your mom leave. I bet she was sad to leave too. Hannah is looking great! Hope you are doing well. And hope to see you soon.

Debbie said...

There is nothing like a mom!!! When we lived in Ohio and my mom and dad came out to help, it was priceless. I will never forget when my parents were there and I know how hard it was to say good-bye. Hannah is beautiful!

Angie said...

I almost cried when my mom left me a couple of weeks ago. It's funny how in certain situations we still feel like we need our moms!

Jessika said...

How fun that she got to be there. And how adorable little Hannah is... she looks like she's already starting to chunk up a little in that last picture... SO CUTE!!!

sixmoores said...

I hate when my parents leave. So happy you had all that time together!

Corinne said...

You make me cry! I'm the one who was blessed to be with you and your sweet family! I was the one who was having fun! The best thing in life is family and I've got the best! Sweet memories of our "retreat"! Thanks for putting up with me and giving me the opportunity to be close to heaven. All my love!!!!!!!!! Mom

pamela said...

i feel like we have an unusual group of mothers within our family - meaning that they are unusually amazing!

Kirsten said...

Your Mom is so fun, incredibly thoughtful, talented and was such a joy to have here for a couple of weeks. She is a great grandma to your kids and I am a witness to all the good work she did while she was visiting. There is nothing like a mom's help after a new baby comes. They seem to help keep us surviving for the first few weeks! Corinne it was so fun to see you again! Thanks for everything!