Thursday, August 14, 2008

Children's Museum

Today was a great day! Becky and I took a day trip to Indianapolis to visit the Children's Museum with the Rasmussen and Noakes families. The Rasmussen's are our traveling companions (this is the 3rd time we've been to this museum with them) and the Noakes had just moved to Illinois and so it was such a treat to be able to see them again. This was Kirsten and my first time going there without husbands, but it was great. (I cheated though and had Becky with me. She drove all the way home and made it so that I could nurse Hannah when she was hungry). The kids were all so good! We spent 6 hours in the car and 5 hours at the museum!
(First row: Hailey, Lindsey Noakes, Hannah, Emily, Kate, Lindsey
Bowen, Karli & Brynlee
Back row; Luke, Ethan N., Jack and Ethan R.)

Among the 3 families, there were 12 kids (plus Melinda is expecting a baby in February) and they had such a great time together. They always get along so well and it's cute to see them help each other and enjoy each other's company as much as the adults. Hannah made one little cry as we were pulling into the driveway because it had been 3 hours since she had eaten and that was it. She was a dream baby!

Thank you Kirsten, Melinda & Becky for such a fun day!





Jack and Ethan dressed up as super-heros



Kate and Hailey dressed up



Bowen construction zone


Lindsey Noakes, a worried Hannah & Emily

me with an absolutely amazing sister!

5 comments:

The Lilly's said...

You are a brave, brave woman venturing out like that just a few weeks post partum! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom whose willing to do all these neat things with them, even when it's not convenient!

Debbie said...

You are the mom that ROCKS!!! I don't know any other mom that would take on that adventure. You are truly an amazing mom and such an inspiration!!!

Jessika said...

12 kids!!! Dang! You women are amazingly fabulous! Your energy astounds me! Hope all is well. I'm coming up Aug 23-31 and I'd love to see your cute growing family!!!

Kirsten said...

We are awesome!!! Are we not?!! Just kidding...thanks so much for going. I am truly glad we did it, even with the early morning, six hours of driving, etc. You are awesome to be doing that with a two week old baby!! Hannah was so good too! It was such a fun day and so fun to see Melinda. I am so glad we all have such a great friendship and now that I know we can do it...I am feeling the need to plan a fall road trip or something...hmm...maybe the Crayola factory or a waterpark or....we'll talk....;-)

Em said...

You are brave! I always think of how crummy I feel after having a baby. I'm amazed you are out there just doing your normal stuff. Good job.