Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First week with Hannah


We're one week into Hannah's little life and it is absolutely wonderful! She is the sweetest little baby and we love her so much! She is really mellow and content and seems to be enduring all of our kisses and cuddles. She didn't sleep very well the first night, but I think it was because I swaddled her and I don't think she liked that very much. (I would hate that too!) But, since then she has been consistently sleeping 3 hours at a time.

It has been fun to have such a little baby. She had a doctor's appointment on Monday morning and she weighed 6 lbs. 11 ozs., so she is growing great! We're pretty sure that she'll have blue eyes like all the other kids.



The kids think she's great and love chances to hold her. It's so cute to see them instantly love their new little sister and want to be a part of her care. My mom and Becky have been so great about watching the kids and making sure I get a nap every day. Thank you so much! We also have such great friends and ward members that have brought in delicious meals and have been so wonderful.



7 comments:

Em said...

She is so sweet and cute! Glad you have lots of help.

Kirsten said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe she is already a week old! Can that be? The time goes by so quick. We love Hannah...she is such a sweet, beautiful baby. Thanks for being so patient with our kids and letting us hold her when we get together. I can't wait to watch her grow!

The Lilly's said...

She is too sweet! There's just nothing as precious as a newborn. It's so neat that your kids already adore her so much!

Andrea said...

Hannah is so darling! I'm glad that she is a pretty good sleeper. Hope it continues her whole life!
Your family is amazing and I can't wait to see how Hannah follows in all of your footsteps.

Peggy said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Hannah...what a wonderful name and a darling addition to your beautiful family. If your Mom and Becky are still there, tell them hello.

pamela said...

i'm glad you are getting some naps. she is beautiful.

Kelsi said...

She is adorable. Congrats!!!