Monday, February 22, 2010

All Said in One Word

It's always fun to have a toddler around who is learning to talk - and that toddler for us is Hannah. She seems to learn new words daily and it's been so much fun to hear her say different things.

She's had croup and now that's turned into a pretty nasty cold. She woke up in the middle of the night and was feverish. I took her downstairs to get some Tylenol and water. In the process of doing that, she sneezed and out came a lot of snot. To this she simply said "Nose." Translation: "please wipe my nose mommy".

We went back to her bedroom and I rocked her in the rocking chair and started singing a few Primary songs. She put up with it for about 5 minutes and then simply said "Off." Translation: "please stop singing, I'm trying to back to sleep."

Now, if only I could figure out how to use one word sentences!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I find it amazing that our children say one word and we know the whole sentence that goes with it. Isn't motherhood great?

lisa h. said...

off!! that is too funny.

Kelsi said...

She is a cute girl! Thanks for sending me a copy of the bridal invite!

megadog said...

"Off" cracks me up.
Wouldn't that be funny if you could just tell people "off" and they would be quiet. I think I'll try it.

Jessika said...

Love it! You have such an adorable family. I miss you guys like crazy! Thanks for keeping your blog so updated so I can keep track of you!