Thursday, February 25, 2010

What Will There Be In Heaven?

The kids and I were eating dinner last night. Jon had gone to work and we were just a couple of minutes into eating. Now, I'm a HUGE fan of eating dinner together as a family. I did it growing up and I KNOW that family dinners make families stronger. There is something about sitting down and eating, that really makes kids open up. The kids starting talking about heaven and I asked them what they thought would be in heaven. Here are their responses:

Emily: rows and rows of shelves full of crafts and books

Lindsey: she agreed with Emily

Jack: a basketball hoop

Kate: lots and lots of toys

....to which I added: fabric and Ding Dongs! (And all of my amazing family and friends!!)

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Could we maybe also just ask for an antennae as well as to receive episodes of the Bachelor along with the ding dongs?
:-D Then again, that show probably doesn't belong in heaven but it would be nice....

Cute story!