Thursday, February 11, 2010

Russia Moscow Mission


It is official - President and Sister Sorenson will serve in the Russia Moscow Mission!!! They will go to the MTC for several days at the end of June and then report to Moscow on July 1, 2010. They will serve for three years and bless endless numbers of lives! My parents are already spending hours and hours a day studying Russian and will be a light and strength to their missionaries and the people of Moscow.
Moscow is a city of 10 million people! From what they've heard from the current mission president and his wife of the mission, it's an incredible place, with incredible people. Again, we can't begin to imagine our lives with them gone, but we are so proud of them!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Russia!??! Moscow?!?!??! Oh.my.gosh!! I am sooo thrilled for them. I got goosebumps everywhere when I read it. You parents are amazing and they will do such a great job. I am going to miss seeing them on Utah trips. Please let them know how excited we are for them. That's absolutely wonderful.

Jeannette, good luck in the next couple of months as you embark on the journey of "holding down the fort" while they are gone. You'll do amazing too. I'm here if you need anything. ANYTHING. ;-D

Becca said...

Wow!!!!! How exciting!!! They will be wonderful. All those people in Russia will just LOVE your parents...who wouldn't?!? It will be an adventure for them and for you guys. Tell them we said Congratulations too!!

Maya said...

How wonderful! My grandparents in SLC did a lot of work in Russia. My grandfather passed away but I'm sure Gramma would be happy to talk with your parents about Russia if they have any questions!

megadog said...

Cutest, nicest, kindest people I know!
I'm so happy for them.