Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Answer to Prayers!

I have been in blogging agony - no pictures, so no blogging! (It has helped me that Kirsten has a new post every day though!!!).

Anyway, we have been hoping and praying that the police would find our laptop and camera. I know there have been a lot of family members and friends praying as well (thank you, dad!!!) and we found out that both of them have been found!!!! Amazing! Both were pawned at a pawn shop and even though both were completely erased, we will get them back. The police will keep them until the case is closed (probably a month or two). I'm sure they are investigating whoever tried to pawn them to see if they can link it back to whoever took them from our house. But, we are so very grateful and feel elated that we'll have them back.

The laptop was older, but had a year's worth of pictures on it. Hopefully those can be recovered. And, besides my missionary scriptures, my wedding ring and my sewing machine, that camera is the nicest thing I own. Oh, how I've missed it! I see picture opportunities each day and I hate that I don't have it to capture the moment (for example...yesterday while jumping on the trampoline, Kate looked like a dandilion - the white kind that kids love to blow on). But, we will just look forward to getting it back.

Thank you again for everyone that exercised your faith on our behalf! We love you!

4 comments:

Em said...

Wow! That is the best news!!!! I am so glad they found them. That is amazing.

Becky Sorenson said...

Yay!! SO GLAD THEY ARE FOUND!! Too bad you have to wait so long to get them back though. I hope you can somehow get the pictures from your laptop!

megadog said...

Amazing! That is really, really great. I imagine it is rare to get something back like that.
What a BIG JERK (whoever took it)

Kelsi said...

Awesome! That is great news. So glad you were able to find both of them.