Monday, March 22, 2010

The Day Before the Wedding

We had the BEST weekend ever!!! It was my little sister Becky's wedding on Saturday and so we started celebrating the day before and continued to celebrate the day after!



If you read my blog, you know who Kirsten is. She's my incredible friend from Ohio and she is also a good friend of Becky's. She was sweet enough to fly out for the wedding and we loved every minute we had with her. Her sweet husband, Ammon, took time off work to watch their four kids - and we appreciate him so much too!

Kirsten arrived on Thursday night and the kids were thrilled to see her on Friday morning when they woke up. They all had huge smiles on their faces and kept talking and talking to her. We dropped the kids off at school and then started our day.




Jon stayed home with Kate and Hannah (and decided taking them to music class was too embarassing and nothing could tear him away from NCAA basketball). He watched them ALL day! Thank you Jon - you are the best!

Kirsten and I had planned to surprise her sister-in-law, Becca, with a birthday lunch. We stopped at Rod Works (a cute home decor store) and Pebbles in My Pocket (scrapbook store) on the way to lunch. We just laughed and laughed - just like we had just seen each other. When we were going to the restaurant, Kirsten hid in the back of the van and I pulled up. Becca was there waiting in her car and she admitted to us that she had hoped Kirsten would be there, but when she saw that it was just me in the van, she was sad that she didn't see Kirsten. Becca and I walked into the restaurant and wait for her two cousins - Megan & Beth - to come. Kirsten waited a couple of minutes and then walked through the door! It was really fun to see Becca so happy to see her and that we had really pulled off the surprise.


We had a great lunch at Zupas! Delicious soups, salads and sandwiches!


Kirsten & I


Becca & Megan





Then we decided to go to The Sweet Tooth Fairy, which is a yummy cupcake store, for dessert. We tried several different ones and they were all great (except for the Key Lime one - just not very good). What a treat to be with all these great women!


Beth, Megan, Becca, Kirsten & I




After dessert, we drove over to Becca's house so that her husband, LeGrand and their kids could see Aunt Kirsten. (Super huge thank you to LeGrand too for watching kids!). They were waiting outside and it was so cute to see how happy they were to see Kirsten.



Brayden & Addie hugging Kirsten



Kirsten & Sophie



The Laing family & Kirsten



Can you tell that we seriously had the best time??!!



Me, Kirsten & Becca
Thank you again Becca for letting us hang out with you!


Then, we headed back to Salt Lake. We stopped again at Rod Works (to buy what we had loved before) and then at Quilts Etc. We had done really well with not buying much, but then we saw the cutest pattern for wall hangings for 12 months. We convinced the ladies there to make kits for them and then headed home.


The kids were home from school, and I had told the girls that we would paint their toenails red for the wedding, so Kirsten did that. They were in heaven!



After only being home about an hour, Jon headed to work, and we headed to Sizzler for dinner. I had reserved the banquet room so that all of our family could get together and visit before the wedding day. It was also a blast! Most of Stan & Pat's family came as well as my Aunt Claudia & Uncle Bruce who had driven from Wyoming. Plus, my cousin Ashlie and her two girls - Riley & Abby - who had flew in from Boston. It was really fun and nice for Becky to have the chance to visit with people before her big day!



Jenny & Tate



Kirsten & Becky



Hannah's dinner - watermelon!



Lindsey & I



Ashlie, Abby & I


Camille & Mike (who flew in from Phoenix) and Scottie



Dane


Emily & Becky


Jack




Hannah




Becky, the kids & I


My dad, Becky & I



Matt Nielson spinning Kate and Hannah around and around


After dinner, Kirsten went to Provo with her sister Chelsea and I took the kids to my parents house to visit. What a wonderful day! To be surrounded by great friends and family was incredible and I will remember that day for a long, long time!

6 comments:

megadog said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and busy, busy! Glad your cute friend got to come too!
Hopefully we'll have a weekend like that coming up for Richard too!

Em said...

Loved this post. Cute pictures of everyone. Great start to a fabulous weekend!

Emily Rasmussen said...

Hi I am Ammon brother Stewart's wife...:) what a fun weekend!!! I love all those ladies too. I only here such wonderful things about you! And your kids are beautiful! Happy times. :O)

Becca said...

Oh, It really was such a fun weekend!!! Thanks so much for hanging out with me. It was seriously so much fun!! Thanks again!! We really need to do it again!

The Lilly's said...

I was so excited to see a picture of Ashlie! Your kids look adorable in their red and white wedding attire.

sixmoores said...

Look like soooo much fun!