Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wedding Showers Galore

It has been the season of wedding showers!!! It has been so much fun to have a sister getting married and it's been fun to be a part of so many showers (and I haven't even gone to all of them)! I was able to throw a shower for her on Saturday and it was really fun. Our cousin, Kelsi, did the invitation for me and I just loved how it turned out. Becky invited her friends from high school and college and it was fun to get to know them (I spent most of Becky's high school and college years living in Ohio, so I wasn't able to know many of them). The girls came and we had lunch (chicken salad on crossaints, fruity pasta salad, veggies & dip, and chips. Dessert was a chocolate fountain with strawberries, bananas, pretzels, pound cake & vanilla wafers and cookies). Then, we played a wedding version of Scattergories. We used the letters in John & Becky's names and everyone had to come up with wedding words. Then, Becky opened gifts and we all visited. It was great!











The party favor!! (My favorite parts of parties are the invitations and the party favors!)


A couple of weeks ago, we had a family wedding shower. My aunt Mary and her girls put it together and did such a great job. It's a tradition to do a big dinner all together (including the men and children). John's parents and 2 sisters came as well and were really great sports about our huge group! We had Hawaiian haystacks and then Becky had asked Mary to play the "Hokey Pokey" on her accordion. Everyone was such a good sport and jumped right in!


This is a quilt my mom made for John and Becky



Opening gifts


Mary on the accordion






Then, several weeks ago, John's cute mom, sisters, sister-in-laws & cousins, threw Becy a shower. My mom, Becky, Candy and I all went to it and they did such a great job! We had fun games to play (including a DVD of John answering questions) and a super yummy lunch!


The table



My mom playing a game


Becky


Candy & I

We were also blessed to have a 2nd cousin, Camilla, get married last week, so several weeks ago, my mom and I threw her a family shower. Again, Kelsi made the invitation for us, we all had a big dinner together (this time BBQ beef sandwiches), they opened gifts and we had a great time.

Emily, Becky, Jack and Lindsey


Typical Hannah


My mom and Emily


Once again, my favorite part -the favor!! The shower was on Valentine's Day, so it was easy and fun to decorate for.

5 comments:

Candy said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.......

Made the blog. I love it. I love you and I love your family.

Lots of love.

:)

C

megadog said...

Fun times! The showers have been fun. Becky deserves it-she is a lovely little gal! I am a big fan of invitations and "favors" too. They really make the mood!

Debbie said...

so cute...just catching up on all your wonderful blogs...life has been crazy...i miss you my dear friend...i just love the buckeye quilt...you are amazing....hugs to you and jon and the kiddos...

Debbie said...

please come visit us...we would LOVE it and did you see the email i sent you for give a day get a day (free disneyland tickets)...if you didn't get that and are interested let me know and i will resend it to you...the roughs need a bowen fix :)

Kirsten said...

You've done such a good job with all the showers. The favors are SO cute! I absolutely love the favors and invites. Once again you never cease to amaze me with all you do. I am so excited for Becky and her exciting week ahead. She'll make a beautiful bride.