Friday, September 19, 2008

Apple Picking

One of our favorite fall activities in Ohio is picking apples! This was 7th year going out to Lynd Fruit Farm to pick apples. We usually go twice and get enough apples to last for a long time. The apples are actually good all the way through the spring - yummy!

Last Saturday, a fun group of us mom's went out with the kids. We left the husbands home watching the BYU football game (one of the few televised out here) and we made the drive. I've trained the kids well because all I had to do this year was hand them a bag and say "Go pick me some good apples." The apples are so big that it didn't take very long and we were done. It's so fun to have fall here!

Does this look like an entire Primary? It's actually the kids of 4 families (Bowen's, Rasmussen's, Larson's & Acker's). Baby Thomas Larson is the only one not there.


An exhausting BYU win!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeannette- I'm so glad you posted this because I want to go apple picking (for the first time!) tomorrow.

My parents will be in town so I'll have more hands than just mine and Mackenzie's (whose hands should really count as minus one). I'd love to stock up but I'm curious if you have to keep them in your fridge for them to last a long time? I have a spot in my basement where I keep potatoes, onions, winter squash, etc. Would the apples keep down there for several months do you think?

Jessika said...

Aahhh! Fresh apples! Lisa and I went to the Lynd fruit farm one year over Labor Day. It was so fun. I loved it. I love the pic of Jon asleep in the chair. I think that is me just about every other day.

Becky Sorenson said...

Hannah is a little chunk...I LOVE it!! She is so cute and I miss my daily naps I used to take with her. I love you Jace..have a great weekend!

Bowen Family said...

Anne - if you're basement is cool, I'm sure they would be fine down there. I asked one time how to store them and they told me the best way was to put them in ziploc bags with a few drops of water. The smaller the apples, the better (so eat your bigger ones first). I've found this way of storage is great! Hope that helps!

sixmoores said...

Yum! We still have to wait a few weeks for apples.

Angie said...

Oh how we miss fall in Ohio! There is nothing like it!

emilyf said...

Those look like amazing apples! You should have put one next to Hannah's picture; I'm sure the apple would have dwarfed her! :) Your blog is just glowing with love for life. I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so fuN! I remember picking apples in OHio. I will actually be there the beginning of October. I am excited, and nervous. It's my first visit home since Robyn died. Other than the funeral and such. It should be interesting. I am glad my mom is moving.

Oh yeah, my mom is moving...after 23 years. Its just too hard. Robyn was found 200 feet from our front door. So, ill be helping her move. love ya

Em said...

Looks like great fun! Love the pictures. Those apples look yummy. Your kids are so cute. Hannah is growing and just a doll.

Ryan Cowley said...

Hehe. I had to laugh at your "entire primary" comment. It's been too long since you lived in Utah my friend! Our nursery alone has over 20 children in it! You have an adorable family!

Becca said...

OK this looks like a blast!! If only we were there too... You guys have the cutest family!! Your such a good mom and wife!! Apple picking is the soooo fun!!

CamilleJohnFam said...

I love the exhausted hubby shot! Lydia said "that looks like daddy". Indeed it does! Apple picking is so fun! We miss ohio.