Monday, September 22, 2008

Hannah's blessing


Yesterday was Hannah's blessing and it was a wonderful day! My dad was able to be here (I'll post about his visit) and the day was beautiful. Hannah wore the same dress that Emily, Lindsey & Kate wore and looked so cute. She had a dirty diaper & was hungry when Jon took her to give her the blessing, but she was great. She was sucking on her binkie and didn't make a peep. Jon gave her a beautiful blessing! (One of our friends, who was in the circle, told me later that it was one of just a few he had been in where the men didn't start bouncing the baby. Hannah just laid there and looked around).



We love you Hannah! You are beautiful in every way and are so grateful that you're in our family!


My dad with his grandkids.




This is not a good picture of Hannah, but I thought Jon & I looked pretty good.

I made this quilt for Hannah and my dad brought it with him. It had been at the quilter's and so I hurreid and put the binding on. I literally finished it minutes before company came over.

One tired little baby!

8 comments:

Cyndi said...

Wow. That quilt is beautiful, and so is little Hannah! I love reading your blogs!!

Kirsten said...

I love this post!!! First, your family picture is so cute! I love it...definately one for the calendar for sure. The one of kids and their grandpa is so cute too! Hannah looks adorable on her quilt and she was such a good baby...the whole time! She looked precious too. Cute picture with you, Jon and Hannah as well.

Ok, now...you are amazing!! That quilt is truly beautiful! I can't believe you got the binding on that fast! Holy cow!! (You want my two to do too!!?) Hannah is one lucky girl to have a baby blanket that looks like that!

Thanks for having us over yesterday! It was fun to celebrate Hannah's special day with you guys!

We love you!

Britain said...

What a beautiful baby!! And a lovely quilt too. What a special day!

Maya said...

My friend who just moved into the ward leaned over after Hannah's blessing and said "wow what a baby! I've never seen one that calm for a blessing before!" The family pictures are beautiful!

Becca said...

Oh what a beautiful weekend!! Hannah is adorable!!! The quilt is amazing!! Your family is so cute!! Way to go guys!

Em said...

Looks like it was just a fabulous day. I didn't know your Dad was there. That made it extra special, I'm sure. That one of her sleeping is so dang cute. I love the quilt. Looking forward to meeting little Hannah soon.

Ryan Cowley said...

You are so amazing! Is there anything you can't do? Little Hannah is beautiful as are all of your children. That is neat that all of your girls were able to wear the same dress for their blessings.

Debbie said...

Again and always you are sooo amazing!!! I love to brag about your incredible talents, and what an amazing mom and friend you are. We are all blessed to have you in our lives. Miss you!!!