Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lindsey's 7th Birthday

Our sweet Lindsey turned 7 this week! (Her birthday is on the 25th, so I'm a couple of days late...but we've celebrated it all week.)


Lindsey is such a sweet little girl and we love her so much. She is kind-hearted, sensitive, beautiful and a ray of sunshine in our lives.


She was born exactly 2 weeks after September 11th. I remember thinking that even in a world full of problems and heartache, Heavenly Father sends little rays of sunshine to brighten our days.



We started celebrating Lindsey's birthday the night before. She had soccer practice and then for her birthday dinner, we went to Wendy's with Beth & Jeff and the Rasmussen's. (That was at her lazy mother's suggestion). On her birthday, she woke up early and just couldn't wait until after school to open her gifts. She got an Easy Bake oven and has been baking away ever since.


We had her birthday party today and it was so fun! We did a cooking party. The kids arrived and we put aprons and chef hats on them. (There were 12 kids - although 1/3 of that were Bowen kids). Then we let them roll out dough for homemade pizzas. While those cooked, we played a couple of games and then the kids got to eat their creations. We were almost ready for cake and icecream when one of the little chefs started coughing and then threw up. That cleared the kitchen rather quickly, so we just let Lindsey open her gifts. She was thrilled and we all had a great time! Lindsey has great friends!


We love you Lindsey! Thank you for being such a great part of our family! You are beautiful in every way!




Ethan, Jack, Hailey, Kate, Emily, Lindsey & Brynlee







Lindsey's choice of cake -big gloppy Care Bear cupcakes from Sam's Club.





These were the invitations for the party - recipe card attached to a wooden spoon






All of Lindsey's co-chefs!




The kids each got a dough ball on a piece of wax paper and used their own rolling pins.




Chef Jack



Chef Lindsey

Jack playing Blindfold the Chef game. The kids had 1 minute to get as many marshmellows into the empty bowl. (Fun game, but the marshmellows got really sticky).


Here is the apron cake I made for the party.




This was my favorite part - the goody bags! These were so much fun to make! I borrowed the stamps and stamped the girls with the measuring cups and the boys had a little chef hat. Then inside, I found little mini cookbooks and some candy.

12 comments:

Becca said...

You are so cute!! I love this idea!! I didn't realize that Lindsey and Brayden are so close in age. Brayden turned 7 in June...I remember those same feelings on Sept 11th when I looked down at him, even though he was a few months old...I love all the pictures and the ideas!! You're amazing!!

The Lilly's said...

Wow, I wish I could have been a guest at that party, it sounds like so much fun and what a cool idea. I came across a picture the other day of Jordan, Steph, Emily and Lindsey in their Halloween costumes when she was just a newborn. I can't believe how fast these 7 years have flown!

sixmoores said...

I love that party idea and the cute gift bags.

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!! We loved celebrating with yoU!!!

Jeannette, can I just tell you how truly amazing everything was!?!! And you forgot to add that that day you also went to two soccer games, cleaned an apartment of a sister in our ward and watched our four kids for three hours(while feeding them and bathing them that night!!) all in that same day!??!?! You never cease to amaze me with all you are able to do and keep up with!! I love everything about this party! The invitations and goody bags were so cute...you outdid yourself!

And now, time to take a breather and gear up for two more kid parties and YOURS!! ;-)

Lonica said...

What a great idea for a birthday party! My family would always play the "marshmallow" game for FHE (only with cotton balls instead of marshmallows). I loved it!

Jessika said...

Adorable! What a fun party and a fun week for a fabulous girl! Lindsey, you're a shining star and I just love ya! Happy 7th!

CamilleJohnFam said...

You are always so creative! That's an adorable idea! and Hannah, what a cutie! I'm glad she's kind of chill for you!

megadog said...

What a fun party-that sounds awesome.

Debbie said...

How fun!!! I love the idea! You are awesome girl. I wish we could have been there to celebrate those bdays together. I can't believe she Lindsey is 7. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!! Miss you guys!

Ryan Cowley said...

What a fun party! Sarah and Lindsey are less than a month apart in age. Too bad you and your cute family live so far away!

Britain said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!! I hope you realize what a fun mommy you have.

emilyf said...

You are such a remarkable woman and mother!