Saturday, December 20, 2008

Anniversary date

Jon and I had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary this week. My wonderful mother and sister watched the kids for us and we were able to go out for several hours.


We had tickets to see a group called Voice Male. It's a group of six men that sing accapella and it was spectacular! The music was amazing, it was funny and really a great thing see! This picture is us at Abravanal Hall in front of a blown glass sculpture.

Anyway, we loved the show and I think it will be an annual tradition from now on.

Then we went to the fine dining establishment of Crown Burger! Hmmmm.....delicious! It was such a treat to sit and visit. For part of our Christmas gift, Kirsten gave us a list of things to ask each other and talk about. It was so much fun and one of the papers was - Top Ten Memories of the Past 10 Years. I don't know if we came up with 10 yet, but here are some of them:

1. Our wedding day - such a beautiful, incredible day!

2. The birth of our 5 kids! We are so grateful for the safe arrivals of all of our babies. All were accomplished with the help of epidurals and monitors (which I think saved each of their lives by warning us of heart rate drops, etc.)!

3. One morning Jon and I woke up on each other's side of the bed. Neither of us have any idea how, when and why we changed places! (It's never happened again).

4. I've yelled at Jon twice in our marriage. One time during a church basketball game. He was the ref and I yelled at him for not calling a reach in foul on my opponent. The second time was while on a trip to the Oregon coast with his entire family. I got tired of waiting for everyone to make up their minds, so I finally lost it, yelled at Jon and marched in the wax museum. Oops!

5. More top 10 to come....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun. Voice male is pretty good. i like them. ONLY TWICE EVER? in 10 years? WOW! You are a better woman than me...oh wait, I already knew that. You guys are great

Carrie said...

Seriously, twice. That is about how much I yell at Lane in a week. Okay, okay more likely a day. Sounds like you guys are in town. BTW - we love Crown! MMMmmmm. I wonder if Lane wants to cook dinner tonight. Crown is his specialty!

ludlow said...

Darling Christmas picture of the kids. Congrats on heading for Utah. Hope that all goes well. We miss Ohio but that adventure is a good memory.

Debbie said...

I still can't believe you have only yelled at him twice!!! Oh yes I can!!! You two are an amazing couple and great example for most of us married folks!!!

Kirsten said...

Happy late anniversary you two! Glad you had a fun night out with just the two of you. It was fun to read your "meeting" story below! You are great examples of a wonderful couple. Congrats on 10 years!